M416 Trailer Build

got the crossbars cut, going to weld them in tonight. waiting on my hinge parts and I need to stop at grainger monday for some desta-co latches

Anyone have two destaco latches sitting around i could buy?

picked up some hinge parts I had plasma cut from Neill. If you need anything cut they can do it. I drew what I wanted up in CAD and sent it to him and he had it cut in a day. Thanks Neill!!

I got the hinge parts today expecting my bushings to be in, but they werent, There was an error in shipping at Ruff Stuff and they overnighted them to me, so I should be able to finish today. I wish I had some more time before this trip. There is just too much to do to finish it. I'm having to rush and I hate doing that.

here are some pics of the hinge.

Attachments

very nice..

thats turning out very nicely. I like the hinges..

So, is the whole cover/top part still going to be removable from the trailer itself or is the whole frame welded to the top part of the trailer?

the cover will be removable with just two bolts, and everything I am adding I am bolting on, so it could always be brought back to stock if needed.

well, finished the trailer lid enough to bring it on the trip this weekend. The hinges and latches worked out great. Now I just need to skin it with aluminum, but that will be after the trip.

Camera battery died today, so I'm charging it and going to try to grab a few pics in the AM before work.

The lid weighs about 65 lbs, so its not the lightest around, but I wanted to make sure it didnt fail bouncing around on rough roads with the RTT on top.

I just looked through the few pictures I took and I didnt get any of it deployed. I know steve got some so I'll have to snag one from him.

I will be doing a review of the tent, but I will say now It is AWESOME