WolfGT 02 TJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
New armor at the paint shop. My goal is to have all the armor color matched to the body. Then beat on it a bit and then after it gets scratched and scraped, paint the wear items (like the fender tubes and parts of the rock sliders) a flat black and leave the main armor the body color.

Here are the items at the paint shop. These are the aluminum inner fenders. The only items out of the bunch being painted black. It's a semi gloss satin black.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392085827.230768.jpg

And the other metal cloak items prepped and ready to be hung. The last I heard they were trying to figure out how to hang them because they are so heavy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392085896.382101.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392085914.983460.jpg

And the one item that is not metal cloak, the windshield frame armor. It was rough. They had to do a lot of prep work to get it smooth.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392085987.140043.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Stopped by the paint shop to check in on the parts. The rear corners and front fenders are painted. Still need to be cut and polished. The sliders are still being prepped. The windshield armor is a different story. What an amateur piece of fabrication. All the edges look like they were cut by a crack addict with a torch and some of the corners have cuts that run past where the cut stops and just left that way. The welds are crap and even the plates of steel are not flat. You run your hand down the armor and it feels like someone beat it into shape with a sledge hammer. WTF! I know this is armor, but it is the only armor that will be at eye level. At least put some effort into it. They are going to do some massaging to make it look good. But when you see my jeep after this and say, "damn that windshield armor looks great", I sure hope you read this before ordering it, it will look good because of the body shop, not the manufacturer. I should have all the pieces next week. Probably just in time to see the jeep head to Clemson4Wheel.

That thing is gonna look awesome when your done. I noticed the Benz getting repaired in a previous shot...Apparently you didnt take these parts to mayco for paint!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
No, this is the shop that will be doing my Mazda. They do all the body and paint work for the Mercedes dealership. They also do all the body, frame and roll cage work for a Porsche Cup team out of charleston. I'll probably have them do my cage when it comes time. They do some amazing tube work.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Picked up some of the armor from the paint shop today. They are still working on that horrible windshield armor and the sliders. Quick pic of a couple items.

And a pic of one of the cup cars they are repairing.

Dropped the jeep, axle and wheels off to Cole at Clemson4Wheel yesterday. Waiting on some parts to show up before they can get moving on it. Once I get it back from them, I will be mounting all the armor.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
TrailReady's with the World Series rings. 17's. Got the 4 KM2's (pictured above) but wasn't able to find a 5th (backordered everywhere), so I bought a Krawler for my spare.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Thanks, I agree. I really like the look of the World Series rings. Adds a little more character. And the larger holes in the wheel will allow for easier clean out. They should be coming in at Clemson4Wheel any day now (along with the other bling .... the King coilovers). It's in Cole's capable hands now.

01tj

Thanks, I agree. I really like the look of the World Series rings. Adds a little more character. And the larger holes in the wheel will allow for easier clean out. They should be coming in at Clemson4Wheel any day now (along with the other bling .... the King coilovers). It's in Cole's capable hands now.
You doing 14" Kings? Front and Rear?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yes 14" Kings. Emulsion without reservoir (not planning any high speed desert runs, so didn't figure I needed them). But just front for now. When I get around to stretching the back, I'll do them in the back then.

01tj

Yes 14" Kings. Emulsion without reservoir (not planning any high speed desert runs, so didn't figure I needed them). But just front for now. When I get around to stretching the back, I'll do them in the back then.
I'm ready to see this thing on the trail!!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Seriously though, it will be at OSCAR3, but I am also wanting to take it to Gulches for a shake down before that. Maybe you will have yours done too and we can test out there at the same time. Then I can yell at you if your old chromos snap :)