WolfGT 02 TJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My brother's F150 has a fan that pulls air across the fuel rail on his 300i6. Don't now why Jeep never did this. He has NEVER had an issue.
It isn't an issue in normal operation. But crawling rocks, working it hard on a trail on a 95 degree day with no wind pretty much cooks it. I've never had an issue just driving it like a normal vehicle. Also, it's not an issue while the engine is running. But if you cut it off while it's hot, then get back in and try to restart it, it spits and sputters for a couple minutes. But the problem goes away soon after. I just don't think that kind of a heat soak is very good for the engine, so, I'll do what I can to give it a chance.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My brother's F150 has a fan that pulls air across the fuel rail on his 300i6. Don't now why Jeep never did this. He has NEVER had an issue.
I remember seeing a thread where somebody mounted basically a PC cooling fan that blew over the rail. If you had a way to set that up on a timer where it would run for a while after shutdown...

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I use the jeep and a little 4x8 trailer as my pickup truck. For runs to Lowe's and such. I have always had a trailer hitch but no hookup for trailer lights. So a couple months ago, I took the time to put in a connector. At that same time fixed up the wiring on the trailer. At least now I have functioning trailer lights. I need to add places for the trailer chains to hook. I want to pull the bumper off and add reinforcement plates to the back of it (basically box it in). I figure adding the chain loops would be easy at that time. Besides that, the jeep has been parked a lot over the last two years. Finally going to be in a position to get back out there. I figure I'll be back wheeling late summer or fall.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
They are Currie bumpers. The rear one is open on the back side. So it is not the strongest. Like if you put a bunch of weight on the hitch, you can see the bumper twist. Never been a problem, but I figure I should box it in before it is a problem.

I use the jeep and a little 4x8 trailer as my pickup truck. For runs to Lowe's and such. I have always had a trailer hitch but no hookup for trailer lights. So a couple months ago, I took the time to put in a connector. At that same time fixed up the wiring on the trailer. At least now I have functioning trailer lights. I need to add places for the trailer chains to hook. I want to pull the bumper off and add reinforcement plates to the back of it (basically box it in). I figure adding the chain loops would be easy at that time. Besides that, the jeep has been parked a lot over the last two years. Finally going to be in a position to get back out there. I figure I'll be back wheeling late summer or fall.
jeeps work well for that with a small trailer, mine gets used in a similar way

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yeh, with a folder trailer from harbor freight I can haul 1750lbs (and have). That is pretty good for something that can be folded up and tucked in the corner. And the size makes it so I can fit full 4x8 sheets of material. Very helpful during construction projects.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Clemson 4 Wheel has found the issue with my rear axle.

Anyone not familiar with the issue... The Jeep has ARB's front and rear. For a couple years now I could only lock the rear if the Jeep was sitting on flat ground. If I tried to lock it when the Jeep was off camber, it would leak air into the axle housing causing gear oil to be ejected through the vent tube. Then a couple months ago I had an incident with a wheel coming off driving down the road. Ever since then, it will barely lock at all and when it does, it will become unlocked mid trail. Nobody seems to like it when I coat the rocks with gear oil for some reason.

They were going to take it apart to replace the seals in the ARB but as it was coming apart they found that one of the carrier bearings was spinning and eating its way into the side of the carrier. Basically eliminating any preload the carrier had (ARB's need significant preload to work properly). So problem found. The new problem, the case half that is needed to fix the issue is not available. ETA mid-march and there is no guarantee on that. So I ordered a new ARB. At least I get the latest updated version.

For anyone looking for an ARB for a Ford 8.8, I will have one available later this year. I'm going to order the part needed and repair the old one and put it up for sale.

I'm looking forward to having this issue behind me. They are also replacing all the joints in the front end while they have it. Things were getting quite sloppy. Also need to get new driveshafts (going to handle that when I get it back). My current ones are shot.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Clemson 4 Wheel has found the issue with my rear axle.

Anyone not familiar with the issue... The Jeep has ARB's front and rear. For a couple years now I could only lock the rear if the Jeep was sitting on flat ground. If I tried to lock it when the Jeep was off camber, it would leak air into the axle housing causing gear oil to be ejected through the vent tube. Then a couple months ago I had an incident with a wheel coming off driving down the road. Ever since then, it will barely lock at all and when it does, it will become unlocked mid trail. Nobody seems to like it when I coat the rocks with gear oil for some reason.

They were going to take it apart to replace the seals in the ARB but as it was coming apart they found that one of the carrier bearings was spinning and eating its way into the side of the carrier. Basically eliminating any preload the carrier had (ARB's need significant preload to work properly). So problem found. The new problem, the case half that is needed to fix the issue is not available. ETA mid-march and there is no guarantee on that. So I ordered a new ARB. At least I get the latest updated version.

For anyone looking for an ARB for a Ford 8.8, I will have one available later this year. I'm going to order the part needed and repair the old one and put it up for sale.

I'm looking forward to having this issue behind me. They are also replacing all the joints in the front end while they have it. Things were getting quite sloppy. Also need to get new driveshafts (going to handle that when I get it back). My current ones are shot.
Glad to hear that's getting fixed. I know it's been a nagging issue for long time.

i hadn't read the whole thread when you said you had the arb for sale, and I thought you were going tons. Glad to hear your getting that ARB issue fixed.