Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: WolfGT 02 TJ

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Alright, after having a horrible time with the passenger side, I found this.

The ears on the new shafts are 2.1865” apart.

But, from the outer edge of each spring clip on the super joints is 2.2120”. Those spring clips need to fit inside the ears.

So why do I need to spread the ears on brand new shafts to fit u-joints made by the same vendor?

And to make matters worse, the instructions (under the section helping you to make sure the spacing is right if you are using your old shafts) states that the space between the ears should be 2.193”. .... I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    may want to call them and confirm the shafts are to spec.
    --Brooks

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Are those Alloy\Ten Mfg shafts?
    I've heard Yukon seems to do the same thing. They change their specs over time. More likely that they are importing the shafts, and are changing suppliers over time!
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Yukon shafts and Yukon Super Joints.
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGT View Post
    Yukon shafts and Yukon Super Joints.
    I ran into that specific problem several years ago when Alloy USA was purchased by TEN Mfg. I purchased new joints for what was suppose to be the same axle shafts, with the same specs, and ended up having to do some work with the Dremel before I got the retainers installed!
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728