Royal Blue Wildlife management area

Dang. That looks awesome. It looks like its up there near Chinquipin. That entire area has amazing rock formations. If you end up going in early October, lemme know!

Also it looks like they've got a lot of trails with that extensive trail network.

Last edited:
I have been there 4 times in the last 4 months and am going back on labor day.Its a great place and tons of trails.I go with the side by side but there are alot of trucks on the west side trails.I have all the trails gpsed if any one needs them.Its nothing super extreme for buggies but you can have a good time with a less built rig or just for some good ole sight seeing

01tj

Some locals were telling us this weekend that this land backs up to Windrock, he said theres also a few trails that connects the two parks.

Royal blue is in the middle between brimstone and windrock. I have the trails Gpsed and you can travel from brimstone to Royalblue and then to windrock with out hitting paved roads. I have heard of poeple doing it in a day but I think its like 100 miles or so if not more

Theres a few of the trails on the North side that border Royal Blue like trail 57, there are some good trails there but its a few hours ride to get there unless you unload near where the old crane use to be.

Royal Blue is a great place to ride. I was there about 6 years ago. I'd love to go back. You can run into the back side of Windrock from there. I-75 runs thru the middle of Royal Blue. If you go for a weekend you can camp at Cove Lake State Park or primitive camp anywhere in Royal Blue. I have a map with the trails and trail ratings if anyone wants to barrow it. I don't know if they still sell them.