New Jeep owner

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I wouldn't have done it. But that's me. Maybe it's because I'm from Ohio and we had enough trouble keeping nature (and road salt) from creating holes for us and whenever the paint was penetrated, you were screwed. My opinion has always been that once you break that envelope by drilling or cutting, it will never be the same. But with that said, I'm sure it will be fine.
Lol! Have you seen the paint? That envelope was opened long ago...

Why would it matter? They use the same mounts on every vehicle in the fleet of where Tripp used to work and county vehicles.
I have put two of these in the roofs of 60k plus trucks in the past two months.. don't even hesitate anymore.. Sometimes its not as easy as plopping mag mount on the roof.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
All leveled out and the way it will stay for a while (except the fender trimming I did today but it was too dark to get a picture outside)
IMAG0123.jpg

I was messing around measuring for bump stop extensions and trimming fenders:
IMAG0139.jpg
IMAG0141.jpg
IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0144.jpg

Have you found a logical solution for the center console or anyway for cup holders to be used? The 96 xj i'm driving has a crappy console with no cupholders and it's become a pain.

Also just curious, is your HVAC controls backlit?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Have you found a logical solution for the center console or anyway for cup holders to be used? The 96 xj i'm driving has a crappy console with no cupholders and it's become a pain.

Also just curious, is your HVAC controls backlit?
I've been thinking about ordering this, but the reviews say they're too shallow. I usually just have bottles and lay them down on each side of the brake lever.
http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Cherokee...SPW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323128819&sr=8-1

The hvac panel is backlit. Mine wasn't working when I got it, but there's a small bulb that goes in the right side of the panel. Its a turn to lock type socket.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I looked back through this and realized I never posted a picture of how much trimming I had to do to clear 31s with as much flex as this thing had. You can see the front in this pic, and all the inner structure was cut out in the back.

IMAG0153.jpg

This thing flexed like crazy and rode like a caddy. Shoulda kept it...

I'll sell you a 96 that will help your dreams come true.

The only things I hate about Melissa's xj is the cabin noise is ridiculous, no cup holders, and I wish it had power windows and locks. But those things are a blast to drive.