CFS Off-Road, New shop IN COLUMBIA!!!!!

Hey guys, Wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Mike Travis and I just found out about the site. I normally hang out on pirate and nc4x4 so I am glad we have a site for SC people now :smile: Let me start by giving you some history

I am a long time avid wheeler. I worked for around 8 years total for a national 4x4 chain. I only got out of the business because my parents fell ill and I had to move back to SC to put them into retirement homes. Because of the lack of real 4x4 shops in the area I got a job in the restaurant business because I needed to feed my family and it was available. Did that for around three years while doing a few side jobs here and there until it finally got the best of me and I decided to follow my passion and open my own shop. I called up my best friend who currently lives in another state and he agreed to join me in this venture. I found a building and I am currently in the demo/rebuild stage of getting it ready to open. I will brag a little more later, on the things him and I are capable of but I will buy my vendor status first :hnd:

Bottom line is, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is FINALLY some relief in sight for you south carolina wheelers who have so desperatly neede a shop they can trust to do great work at a fair price.

More info to come soon!

Thanks!

Mike

Hey guys, just got in sorry for the delay in resonse. I will answer the quesitons in order....

97tjguzzy, Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting and wheeling with you soon

XJ Savage, Great.. not patting my or my friends shoulder but we have set up hundreds probably thousands actually between the two of our 20+ combined year expierience... I think we could do most with our eyes closed lol

Yellow Rubicon, Not sold on a name yet.... We have a few we have thought of but none have jumped out at us... heck we're open to suggestions! As a matter of fact... If it's ok with the admin maybe I will throw a contest up and if we use the name I will reward somebody with something???? As far as location I already have the building and am currently spending almost every spare minute of my time there since getting the keys to it. It needed a lot of work and I wish it was a little bigger but it's mine so I can't complain :) It is located right in Downtown Columbia. No offense to anyone but I don't want to give the address yet because I don't want any snoopers right now. I have some stuff in there already and it's really not fully secure yet.

WerideNTrux.... Thanks also for the welcome

Steve97TJ..... Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics together soon. :)

Well I moved to Columbia when I was a teenager and went to airport high. Moved away right after school and worked for a national chain for 8 years and just moved back to Columbia around 3 years ago.

Start a new thread about it in the OffTopic Section.

Clearly state the rules and prize.

To be fair to other vendors on the site you would need to become a vendor here before advertising with the name you choose.

Will do. And of course I will. As a matter of fact o will go ahead and do that real soon. No need to wait until I am completely open. Heck it may be a few months depending on building inspections, licensing etc. etc.....

Lol, too funny.... yeah we decided not to run a contest because we already figured out a name. Unless something changes, we are going with CFS off-road. CFS standing for Carolina Fabrication and Suspension Off-Road. Progress is being made on the shop and we are shooting (fingers crossed) for an opening around the 2nd week of September. We may not have the showroom completely ready by then but we should be able to work on vehicles at that point. We will be doing everything from tires and wheels to bolt on items, to complete buggies. As a matter of fact..... we already have a buggy that's been started for a customer and will be in the shop being worked on when we open. Basically, if you name it, we can do it. More to come guys, including a build tread on the buggy....

Mike