tow pig.. questions

Oh yeah and sounds like a nice truck. They are pretty strong should tug that cherokee around fine. Dodges are alot of bang for the buck.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nice looking truck. My team lead bought a 4 door dodge recently and its really nice and huge inside (its the bright orange one that parks in the front corner of the work lot).

since 1999 my grandpaws work/farm truck has been a 2wd 3/4ton chevy we can put both tractors on a trailer(JD5000 series and older JD1050) and still pull em through a pasture with just mud dawgs on the rear so i wouldnt worry about it for towing me personally i want a 2005 ram 2500 with a 5.9 my buddy has one and i love it it turns and rides better than my frontier!

Its huge.. i ve never owned a full size truck before. but its really nice.
So theres no hitch on it.. the bumper isnt strong enough right?
So i should get a hitch and wiring for it?
my next questions will be on a trailer.. what to get? any input always nice to have

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Its huge.. i ve never owned a full size truck before. but its really nice.
So theres no hitch on it.. the bumper isnt strong enough right?
So i should get a hitch and wiring for it?
my next questions will be on a trailer.. what to get? any input always nice to have
You'll have to get a class III receiver hitch. I'm surprised that truck didn't have a factory hitch being a hemi 4x4... You'll also need to wire it for 7-pin plug and install a brake controller.

There's a few companies around that sell new trailers for what most people want for used ones. If I had it to do over, I would buy new instead of buying the headache I did, and I've spent much more on my trailer than I would have with a new one. www.trailersforless.com has some good deals if you see something in the 'on the lot specials' that you like.

They've gone up some since I looked, but this is what I would look for: http://www.trailersforless.com/290104332458.html. Its a relatively light trailer which will help you out when you're loaded down for a wheeling trip pulling those hills to Harlan :).

Last edited:
If it doesn't have a hitch it prob doesn't have a tranny or oil cooler. You should get both and at the very least a tranny cooler.

i havent even had time to pop the hood or anything.. i picked it up Tuesday night and drove it home.. lol
yeah tranny/oil cooler will be had as well if there isnt one on there..

look under the bumper, some of the dodge 1/2t trucks only need the receiver part that bolts under the bumper. the frame brackets may already be there for a class 3 hitch.

nope. just a 3 plug wireing is there.. i ll need to get a 9? plug for a trailer with brakes?
No hitch either.. and some cheap *** 20' tires in the front and spare. lol

i'll start saving for all those expenses now..

mark