who paddles??

I have done the saluda a few times from the dam to rosewood. I'm looking to take a trip on the broad from peak to harbison forest. I would be down for a river camping trip.

I'm looking to take a trip on the broad from peak to harbison forest.
I know the broad river in peak very well. Putting in at the canoe access off hwy 213 and doing the loop around the island is an awesome day trip or overnight if you camp on the uppermost tip of the island. Huge sandbar there and incredible fishing.

Ive got a perception whitewater kayak i'm looking into trading for a more recreational boat if anyone is interested. I bought the boat like 6 years ago but haven't done anything with it except take it to the beach a couple of times.

I found this trip to be quite special. Even though the temperatures were reaching 100 degrees during the day, I couldn't help but go paddle around a bit and explore. I've been on this section or river before but it was in a boat and I wanted to try a several mile upstream paddle in a kayak. The water was low and swift in areas. I was able to make it about 5 miles upstream before sundown and when it came time to search for a spot to camp I had no trouble finding one. Along this stretch there are several large sandbars when the water is at normal level or below. I put in at the Hwy 378 bridge on the Richland county ramp and went upstream. The parking lot is Police patrolled and safe (from my experience) to leave a vehicle overnight.

SU1HMDAwMTEtMjAxMTA3MjgtMTgwNC5qcGc.jpg
SU1HMDAwMTItMjAxMTA3MjgtMTgyMC5qcGc.jpg
SU1HMDAwMTMtMjAxMTA3MjktMDYzNi5qcGc.jpg
SU1HMDAwMDgtMjAxMTA3MjgtMTU0Ny5qcGc.jpg

Attachments

My thinking exactly. Let's get a rough estimate together and figure out how to plan a pickup shuttle vehicle. Possibly a passenger van with a trailer if theirs enough people. Anytime would be great.