Welcome Carolina Backwoods!

I spoke with you briefly. If you could include some information about your park that would be great.

http://www.carolinabackwoods.com/

Camping & Off-Road at CarolinaBackwoods
"A True Back Woods Camping Adventure..."

Carolina Backwoods is a true back-woods Jeep, ATV & 4x4 adventure facility... Located in Ash, NC in Brunswick County Carolina Backwoods offers miles of off-road trails and is truly a secluded and unique backwoods camping and ATV adventure park. We offer hours of trails for hiking,horseback riding, ATV & Jeeps including "Off-Road Play Areas" from beginner to EXTREME! Keep your eyes open as you may encounter many species of wildlife, including eagles, owls, ducks, egrets, and many others. There is a stocked fishing pond, a boat ramp for small boats to access the Waccamaw River "black waters of the Carolinas", and a driving range. We are only minutes from the famous Grand Strand beaches of the Carolinas, Famous Golf Courses,Freestyle Music Park and all other famous Myrtle Beach area attractions. Leashed pets are permitted and kids 12 and under are free. Please visit our Photo Gallery for a look around the park. For additional park information please Contact Us..

I've been there once like 2 years ago, but since some pretty heavy storms had recently been through and it was still raining when we got there, a lot of the park was under water. There's a river that iirc marks the property line on one side of the park, and due to the heavy rain the water level rose quite a bit. Might've been ok with my current set up, but my TJ was stock at the time. Still had lots of fun though, they've got a mud drag strip, and a little race course too which I thought was neat.

I consider the owner a good friend of mine and i've been out there quite a bit. actually I was the one to talk Larry into officially opening up to more then ATVs.. Coastal Carolina Offroad was the first group out there and has actually done a lot of trail work and sourced broken concrete for some of the obstacles. It is a great place to play, you can kill a full day exploring the park, he has cabins to rent out there, showers on site, fishing area if you want a break from the wheeling. The only thing that is a slight turnoff is how wet it is out there. Its fun playing in the water and the the mud, it just takes its toll on your rig. If your into that kind of stuff and up to the cleanup, its a pretty fun place to be. Since it is somewhat a "local" private park, its great if we can support it as much as possible, maintaining a property like this is not cheap and they need all the support they can get.

any recent trail reports from down there? any pics from the trails?

The website now looks like its only ATV and that its a guided tour? Any new details?

Last edited:
Your best bet is to call... recent changes in legislation in Brunswick County forced him to become a "private" club. Last time I spoke with him there was a one time membership fee and a per day charge for vehicle + passengers. This was about a year ago though, so things may have changed since then.

I went over the summer and signed up and wheeled for the day. Fun place, lots of mud. I since got an email that it was going to be closed and that memberships were essentially void because people were abusing the honor system. The email said that wheeling trips are available for those choosing to spend the night.