4.5" backspacing on 16x8 rims...

Right now I am at 3.75...like the stance, but I am thinking of moving to 16x8 rims, and having a hard time finding cost effective 3.75 BS rims...Most are in the 4.5 range...will this be a bad back spacing?

Right now I am looking at 315/75R16 tires...

Well I can get the Treadwrights in the 315/75R16 size for 153 a tire....https://www.treadwright.com/p-77-315-75r16-guard-dog-m-t-d.aspx

They are on back order, but when they come in, I think I would like to try a set given the price...They are a 34.7" tire, and the price is right...

Right now I am just looking at options....IF I move to a 16" rim, my tire options appear to expand

Maybe Im wrong though..happens all the time :)
I have seen numerous tire sizes in 16 that I would like to run, they are usually just more expensive from my research.

From reading online, those guarddogs are really loud, I know the MTRs I had a while back were super loud as well.

005.jpg
I am having the same issue. This is a 315/75r16 on a 16x8 wheel with 4.5 BS. My tire guy let me bring it home and try it. I know what tire I want to run (KM2s) and it does seem easier to find in a 16. With the 4.5 BS I can still turn full lock with out rubbing. It's close on the lower control arm but doesn't rub. Hope that helps.

Wheel spacers can help you dial in the track width you want. Yeah, I know, some people have had the spacers come off but I've been using loctite(blue) and I've had luck with it.