Stronger dana 44 Balljoints

never heard of them but deffiently seems like a good replacement. Considering ballastic hasn't made them yet like they said. i'd be interested to see how they do.

I havent priced 44 balljoints lately but $400 for ball joints is mighty expensive i think. Id be weary of spending that much on something that hasnt been around long enough to see a lot of abuse and reviews.

Edit: after watching the video that does look pretty trick. If i knew that i'd never upgrade from a waggy 44 then i may spend the $$$ on them after some others review but seeing as thats twice as much as MOOG, i'm broke and would probably just replace when worn out with moogs

Last edited:
I know brooks has replaced his ball joints a couple times since he put the 44 in. and thats only been alittle over 4 years i think. DJ puts trw brand ball joints in about once a year or so. Everyone complains that the balljoints are one of the weaknesses of a d44 so i think this would be a good upgrade. ill admit though, thats alot of money.

Would be a lot of work but could get 60 C's and knuckles welded on and 5 on 5.5 outers to upgrade your ball joint, prob wouldn't be worth it but would be a bigger ball joint. Or stop being a pansy and use those big bucks you've been making for custom 60s and never worry about it.

60s are overkill for what I do, and they are HEAVY!!! I have thought about the 60 outers on my 44, but it would result in mismatched shafts and I'm not ready to tackle that. my current balljoints lasted 2 years and are just now starting to get sloppy. My plan is to try to tighten them and see if I can keep them alive for a bit longer...

eh... went ahead and bought the blue boots from rock auto. Used the 5% discount code on pirate. got them for $128 for all 4 shipped. We'll see what they look like.

So did you get these installed? I'm about to make the same order for my front. I've been running the same ball joints on the drivers side for at least 9 years, and the passenger side 7-8 years so I guess it's time. Going to install new bearings in both hubs as well while I'm at it.