Name that rig!

What the heck is this????

247838_225511807476303_100000524566006_861803_3835373_n.jpg

This was spotted at URE last weekend by some people I met up with. I didn't get to see it in person.
From what I can tell it's all fiberglass in the front. I think I see a leaf spring, and it has a passenger side drop front axle which would date it back to the mid 80's. Also looks like it has swapped-in Wagoneer Dana 44's to add to the confusion. Any guesses?

it is a CJ10. Or at least the grill is. THey were originally either export rigs or aircraft tugs. And the aircraft tug didnt have the rear bed. Since the export are really rare in the states i am betting it is an aircraft tug with an aqualu aluminum cab and a fabbed bed. It definately was not factory like that. The axles were added from a waggy.

Pretty cool... what drivetrain would it have in it? I can't say I've ever seen a CJ 10. What year?

I already want one, heaven forbid I find out it has a dana 300 in it. :grin:

Really is isnt the best drivetrain, cause you will have to upgrade it anywat.
It usually came with a nissan 6 cyl diesel. Which isnt a bad motor but just not much support for it.
Rear axle is a Dana 70, or possibly 80. 6 something to 1 gear ratio (If I remember correctly)
2 wheel drive.
The Tcase had no front driveshaft and i think it was blocked off at the front output.
So to build you will have to add your flavor of other parts. But they are cool. There is a green one running around Lexington, which is real cool. It has a Willys truck bed added to it and it looks very nice.

I have had the oppurtunity to drive the USAF tug version, commonly called a "Bobtail" for obvious reasons. They had a full width Dana 60 in the rear, torqueflight 727 with a dana 300 locked into lo-range 4x4 with no front output. They were slooooow but pulled a ton of stuff. Go to google images and search for "USAF jeep tug" You'll find plenty of pictures.

That jeep belongs to Arnold. He lives in Summerville ( I think). That is a real CJ-10. I forgot what is done to it, but can find out and get back to y'all.
He wheels it regularly. His son Jackie has a white YJ that almost always goes too...

Older man drives it and wheels the piss out of it. Saw him at uwharrie when we went last semester. Made his wife hop out and he walked up some pretty tricky lines.