I am so freaking bored

...I want to be home working on my Jeep :(

That is all....Anyone want to discuss something that could be interesting for a few hours?

I'm trying my damnest to get my trailer sold today so i can get my JK lifted before the JP Article photoshoot..... Its nerve racking...lol

i am so close to having my M416 ready for the RTT. I just want to take 2 or 3 days to finish her up..Then Ive got my sliders to install, and a bunch or rewiring to do....Not to mention get the rest of the brackets cut of the 8.8 and clean her up for paint....

Just a lot of little things I want to get done, but haven't had the time when its cool enough to work...I need to find an air conditioned shop and rent it for a few hours :)

What Kind of trailer you sellin Bruce? What lift you putting on the JK? Inquiring minds want to know but are to lazy to go looking for the threads :)

I have slept for the past 2 days, got an ear infection and sinus infection at the same time. I'm home but cant even work on the jeep. Hell I havent even unpacked from the Overland Rally.

Sloooow day at the office for me toooo. I would rather be home get'n ready for the 5 day trip to Harlan and Gold Mt, head'n out Friday. Anybody been to either?

Slow day as well. Just decyhering a report and took the car over to get its tires balanced.

Also researching electric chainsaws for my pappy for Father's Day. He has a kickass Stihl chainsaw that is as old as I am but I think a small cordless one for little jobs would be cool. The Ryobi 18v one looks like the winner right now since he already has a bunch of Ryobi power tools running on that system. Just not a fan of the 10" bar on it. Of course this is all just research. When I go to the store later on and look at it, if it does look useless then I'll bypass.

Oh and I've got him a giant box of Belgian chocolate that I bought when I was over there. I have a feeling he will like that!

Oh and also I'm looking at forest roads/off road tracks in Northern Georgia. Totally want to try and plan either a day trip or an overnighter up there one weekend in 2~3 months. Kinda booked up until then. Also still fiddling with the rover, but its getting better.

Last edited:
i am so close to having my M416 ready for the RTT. I just want to take 2 or 3 days to finish her up..Then Ive got my sliders to install, and a bunch or rewiring to do....Not to mention get the rest of the brackets cut of the 8.8 and clean her up for paint....

Just a lot of little things I want to get done, but haven't had the time when its cool enough to work...I need to find an air conditioned shop and rent it for a few hours :)
You've got a lot of irons in the fire and as far as an a/c shop goes, suck it up and just do it. I soaked my cloths through twice both nights this week working from 5:30-9. I didn't even break out the fan!

hahaha...Yeah..I like to keep myself busy....I will get out there tonight and finish the trailer except for some panel repair spots and the floor. I hope to get those finished up this weekend or next week so I can get the raptor liner on it....

Damn Brooks, sleeping in a RTT has softened you up...Cant go a few nights in a hammock anymore without getting sick? (hope ya feel better soon)

Just read the latest issue of the Air Force Times and in the Off Duty section there is a big 'ol article on 4wheel'n. The interesting or maybe ironic part is the focus of the article is on a group of off duty Marines wheel'n the Hammers in Johnson Valley. "And, oh by the way" there is no mention in the article of the possible expansion of the 29 Palms Marine Corps training range into the Johnson Valley OHV.

Last edited:
SmittyBilt :)

I need to get a block of wood so I can jack up the body. My floor jack wont reach, and when I did the BL, I had no susp. lift :)

Hope to get them on this weekend. Did you do the Rocker Guard gasket? or just say screw it and put them on metal to metal?

Feilod, did you ever figure out the shock uptravel issue? Mine's about the same when I put 4" lift shocks on it.
I was running OME long travel shocks (lifts 4"-6") on my OME 2.5" lift prior to the stretch and never had an issue. I have the bump stops set for a 4" lift which allows the tires to fully stuff and keeps the shocks from bottoming out. The rear stretch is what caused my problems. If you look at the "shock out boarding" thread I posted you'll see the photos of my solution.

Last edited:
SmittyBilt :)

I need to get a block of wood so I can jack up the body. My floor jack wont reach, and when I did the BL, I had no susp. lift :)

Hope to get them on this weekend. Did you do the Rocker Guard gasket? or just say screw it and put them on metal to metal?
I have always used black outdoor silicone from Lowes to seal all my body armor. I apply it to the back side and then after application take a little plastic caulk scrapper and run it around for a nice clean edge seal.