4.0L '01 Wrangler

I have a friend that has an '01 wrangler with a bad motor. Almost 200K on it and its knocking. If anyone sees a wrecked xj or GC or Wrangler that can be bought reasonably with the '01 and up motor give me a shout.

and probably 2 sent, so that makes 5...

Anyway, lemme know if y'all have questions..
Not to knock rebuilt, but factory running engines in my opinion, are the way to go. Even with a warranty, it is hit or miss. Then you gotta pull it out again. PITA

Ghost

SUPPORTER
Still looking for a motor. Found out he can get a reman unit for 1200 with the waranty. Anyone got a line on one for $600 or less?

I have one out of my LJ, but it is still hooked to the auto trans. All out of a 2004 LJ with 63k miles. Not $600 but, $1500 for the set up..

I am not sure about the tranny being the same. Mine is a 42rl. It has it's own computer. I also have the T-case if he is interested.
Everything was taken out of my LJ, and was replaced with 401/727/D300 and Dana 60's that were in my CJ.
The LJ was driven for about 3 months prior to removal of the running gear, and everything worked as it is supposed to.

the whole kit and kaboodle....I have to replace everything under the hood anyway from a fire, so I figure why not go auto....MY wife would rather auto over manual

Gotcha.....Do you know if there are any differences between an 82-94 XJ computer and harness wise? I know the Pull a part has a few in the older range, not sure which harnesses and computers will work though...its an 87 with the manual tranny 4.0L

You need a harness from a 87-90. They use the c101 connector and it is different then the one from 91-96. Should be easy to find. There are a couple xj's that lennie has told me about around here. Let me know if youhave trouble finding what you need and I can see what he can find. I need some stuff off an xj for my son's mj project. We might can find what we both need on one donor.... I have been in xj's for a while so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. The one before my 94 was an 84.

Great....Thanks! I think most of what I need is in the pull a part. I have a bunch of parts that came with my XJ, so shoot me a PM with what you need. I may have it...