Personal Water Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said screw it and I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy one(maybe two). So if you have one or know someone who's got one for sale send 'em my way. I'm not picky but I'd prefer a Yamaha or Kawasaki. I'll consider other brands. It can be a 2 or 3 seater but I'm not interested in a stand-up. No older than 2000 preferably. Looking for 1 and possibly a second depending on the deal. Trailer included would be nice too. No junk or fixer uppers.

I have a 1995 Sea Doo XP. Two seater. White and yellow. Very fast. I know it is older than what you are looking for but it has been stored in my dad's equipment building all but 2 years of its life and those two years it was on a floating covered dock. In fact, it hasn't seen the light of day for probably 5 years. Bought it while I was in college and never really found the time to ride it. It comes with a trailer. Asking $1400. Let me know if interested and I will get dad to pull it out, hose it off, and take some pictures.
Tracy
6zero9 six8four5

I saw all those and a jet boat is a possibility. I worked at Columbia Powersports for5 years so I know these things inside and out and I'm leery of the Bombardiers. They're just a little on the finicky side. That's why I prefer the Yamahas.

Stay away from the Rotax crap. I'd do with a 4-stroke for reliability.

JP
I've spent a lot of time on a Rotax and they have treated me well!! I've got a 94 that runs like a champ. Also, if you ever decide that you want a ski that will jump, other than a stand up, then you better go mid-90's rotax. All of these other heavy tug boats have great power and speed but good luck ever getting one airborne.

I've spent a lot of time on a Rotax and they have treated me well!! I've got a 94 that runs like a champ. Also, if you ever decide that you want a ski that will jump, other than a stand up, then you better go mid-90's rotax. All of these other heavy tug boats have great power and speed but good luck ever getting one airborne.
I've spent most of my life around Rotax engines and their reliability has always been very questionable. From Ski-doo's (snowmobiles) in Canada to jet-ski's/jetboat's in SC, I've never owned one that was reliable long term.

The last one I owned was a 97 Sea-Doo Speedster that I bought in 99. In 2001 the starboard engine gave out after sounding like crap 'forever'. I ordered a rebuilt, and put it in myself. After the old one was out, I decided to remove the crank cover. All the bearings came dumping out, some were the size of small marbles, some were the size of a large grains of sand, and some were diamond shaped, but none of them were the same size.

I'll never own a Rotax engine ever again. Period. If you want to, that's your choice.

JP

Know someone with the supercharged 3 seater seadoo i cant remember what it is gxp maybe? That thing hauls *** and can pull a wakeboard like its nothing with a driver and passenger, plus that blower sounds wicked and can be hopped up.

Im more of a boat guy myself but if i was to get some type of PWC id definitely go with honda. I've never heard of anyone having problems out of theres and the turbo's are pretty sick although i dont think the power output is that much different from the NA ones. Yamahas are nice too but seem to be heavier then the others from what i can remember.

So far I've looked at mostly Yamahas. After being a service manager at a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Bombardier dealership I've seen about every kind of abuse or failure you can imagine. I like the Sea Doos but I'm not sold on their reliability. Especially adding a turbo to one, lol. The Hondas are as reliable as their cars I hear but they got in the market right when I got out so I'm not as familiar with them as I'd like to be.

I have had a sea doo gtx 97 model. It was a 3 seater and was nice. Had a few problems

I have also had a 94 polaris ( I will never buy one again) They F'in suck!

I really wish i had the coin for a Honda turbo ski. My girlfriends aunt has one and when they go out of town i take it out. It is reliable as hell no problems out of it and they haul ***!

No, still looking. I've replied to a few ads but no response from anyone. So they either sold them or not serious about selling them. I found 2 jet boats and 4 pwc but not a single e-mail or call back.

I'm in no rush though. I kinda waited a little late to decide to do this anyway. If it's winter time when I buy that's fine too. I'll just have more money put away unless I dip into it for Jeep purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.