OBX limited Slip Carriers

Looks like it is the same as the truetrac without the price tag. Has anyone had one or had experience with one? I know Lockers are better, but as far as an LSD goes...are OBX any good?

Which axle are planning on using it in? How's is the out-boarding going?
he is looking at a locker/lsd for the 8.8. The outboarding got put on hold till he does a 4 link. The trackbar mount will be a bear to get off if we put the shock mount on there now. and the shock mount will be hard to put on with the trackbar mount still there as well.

Ahhhh, darn tracbar. My 2 cents, I ran the factory trashloc LSD in the rear D44 and a lockright in front D30 for years and neither one ever let me down. Very agreeable combo for a DD.

I thought about getting the stock led for the 8.8, but since mine didn't come with one (I think...still haven't pulled the cover cause im lazy) I figured I would go with a truetrac....I like the gear driven lsd idea....then I saw this obx on ebay for almost half a truetrac and thought...hmmmmmmm

I thought about getting the stock led for the 8.8, but since mine didn't come with one (I think...still haven't pulled the cover cause im lazy)
From my experience two tags on the diff cover means positraction. One tag gives the normal info and the other tag tells you to be sure to use the proper gear oil and Ford Friction Modifier for the clutches in the posi unit.

it will also have it labeled on the dif tag. it will say 4L10 or 410 or 3L73 or 373 The L implies LSD the second tag you are talking about would mean LSD because that tag says to add friction additive, but some are missing.

Shane, what exactly are you looking for? I thought you already had it locked or is this for another vehicle?
My d35 has a truetrac in it. This is for the 8.8 I am going to be putting in. To be honest I am so indecisive about this. I want a locker, but at the same rime the truerac has not let me down...yet....and I have the lunchbox up front, so I should be ok....but if im doing it, I only want to do it once....

Ok...so I pulled the cover tonight, and besides the massive amount of sludge that needs to be cleaned out, it looks to be ok inside. I found out it is a Limited slip, which was a nice suprise, but I have no idea the gears that are in it. Since the calipers are rusted to the disc, i cant spin the shafts to figure out the ratio right now. Can anyone who is much smarter than I look at the pics and tell what the ratio is? See below....

2011-06-06_22-12-29_520.jpg

2011-06-06_22-12-15_572.jpg

Ok...so I pulled the cover tonight, and besides the massive amount of sludge that needs to be cleaned out, it looks to be ok inside. I found out it is a Limited slip, which was a nice suprise, but I have no idea the gears that are in it. Since the calipers are rusted to the disc, i cant spin the shafts to figure out the ratio right now. Can anyone who is much smarter than I look at the pics and tell what the ratio is? See below....

View attachment 346

View attachment 347
cant tell from the pics as there are no numbers showing that I can see. Turn the ring gear around, there should be a number stamped into it.

Well I went down and got it moved...3.73 :(

So, now I am back to my dilemma...

Does anyone on this board have 4.11 's, a 6 speed and 33's? I would like to see how it drives compared to my 4.56's.....

I don't have a 6 spd, I have a 5 spd, but I ran my 33's with 4:10s for years, pulled my trailer with em, drove from SoCal to FL and made multiple trips from FL to Tellico and Windrock...etc No regrets, I think it was the perfect combo. I only changed to 4:56 when I went up to 35's. Again all IMO

My d35 has a truetrac in it. This is for the 8.8 I am going to be putting in. To be honest I am so indecisive about this. I want a locker, but at the same rime the truerac has not let me down...yet....and I have the lunchbox up front, so I should be ok....but if im doing it, I only want to do it once....
You regeared and put a Detroit in a D35...on purpose? Damn yo! Ride it 'til it breaks!

You regeared and put a Detroit in a D35...on purpose? Damn yo! Ride it 'til it breaks!

Hahaha..yeah...I gotthe truetrac for 200 bucks, and the gears I got for75. With the master install. Installed it was less than 500 bucks....if I had known you guys better, and hadaccess to a welded, I probably would havegone to the 8.8....but the cost rock it was goingto, and still is, much more than what I had at the time...

Shane, why are you wanting 33's with 4.10's? if you already have 4.56 then why not go with 35's?
35's are much more expensive to purchase, to run themeffectivly off road,I would have to get another inch lift, and I would have to upgrade my brakes. I hate the stoppingpower. Now, I can't imagine 35's. They are just not for me. If I can not get my hands in a cheap d30 with 4.10's, I will stay where I am. After realizing I was going to have to regear. The 8.8 anyway last night, I've pretty much realized im sticking with the 4.56's....