Amsteel Blue dog leashes by Southeast Overland now available!

Southeast Overland now offers Amsteel Blue dog leashes! Let's see your dog snap one of these!

These leashes are 5/16" x 6' with a hand loop on one end and a snap attachment (typical for a dog leash) on the other end. Color is orange. Custom lengths are available. Introductory pricing is $26 and add $2.25 per additional foot in 2' increments. Every leash has a locked brummel splice on each end.

Leashes can be purchased through the Southeast Overland webstore HERE and then click on "Amsteel Blue Dog Leashes."

:cheers:

Last edited:
Ghost - if you want you can mail your old winch line (delivery confirmation please) to me and I'll make dog leashes for you for half price ($13 ea). If you want a 6' leash you will need to send me a 10' section of line. Before you cut your line wrap it in tape and then cut through the tape. This will keep the ends from unraveling. I'll properly wash your line, put a splice on each end, plus a snap attachment on one end.

Southeast Overland LLC
116 Ram Cat Alley, Suite 103
Seneca, SC 29678

Thanks!

I'll have to see if I can find my piece of broken syn line to get you to convert it, if not i'm going to have to get one. I think I want to have a carabiner sp? on one end. I'll look around and see if I can find that section.

I'll have to see if I can find my piece of broken syn line to get you to convert it, if not i'm going to have to get one. I think I want to have a carabiner sp? on one end. I'll look around and see if I can find that section.
Sounds good Brooks. I can put an empty eye splice (no clip) on the dog end and you can insert any carabiner you would like. If you order through the Southeast Overland website make sure to put that in the notes of the order. Thanks!

I'm loving the leash steve, I'll have to get a pic of it later I ended up replacing the carabiner with an S-Biner
I'm glad you are enjoying it Brooks!

So everyone knows these come standard with a typical dog leash clip spliced on the end. I custom made a leash for Brooks without the snap and added a carabiner which Brooks replaced. We can splice in basically any end attachment you want and also do custom lengths.

We have also updated the design a bit. We now put a section of custom printed webbing on the hand loop.

Hey Steve,
Any way i could get one like Brooks (with the open end for caribiner)? I can come pick it up if that works unless your coming through clemson sometime.

oh and i like the new handle wrap. looks good.

Hey Steve,
Any way i could get one like Brooks (with the open end for caribiner)? I can come pick it up if that works unless your coming through clemson sometime.

Not a problem. I can make you one this evening. So you want everything the same except a loop end without any attachment for the dog's collar?

I'll be in Seneca Friday and Saturday at the shop if you could swing by then to pick it up.

Thanks!

Hey Steve,

just got your text, but i'm working. Yeah, I'm liking the leash, have only used it 2 times, but its nice to keep in the jeep.

I just thought of this. If I tweaked the splice just a bit (deeper bury) and made the loop that is closest to the dog's collar a bit larger you could arguably use these in an emergency as a static tow line! ~ 12,300 lb min line break strength. These guys are tough!

what do you think they are rated at with the current configuration?
The line (5/16" Amsteel Blue) has a min break strength of 12,300 lbs. The locked brummell is a good splice. The only thing I modify is I decrease the bury a bit because it is not needed for a dog leash as the locked portion of the splice would be enough in and of itself but wouldn't look clean without the bury.

The locked brummel portion without a bury probably has a strength of around 2,500 to 6,500 lbs depending on a few factors. The bury is what keeps the locked brummell from getting pulled apart and the length of the bury also plays into the strength of the splice. With all that said "I don't know." I would have to test one of the leashes to failure but if I had to hazard a guess (and don't anyone dare quote me on this) I would say the current leash would probably fail around 8,000 lbs.

Thats correct. The leash without the collar snap basically. I can get it when i get off friday after 5:30 or anytime saturday. Whatever works for you. Thanks!

But the emergency tow strap is a good idea. I'd like to see how well it worked. need a test subject? ;)

Thats correct. The leash without the collar snap basically. I can get it when i get off friday after 5:30 or anytime saturday. Whatever works for you. Thanks!

But the emergency tow strap is a good idea. I'd like to see how well it worked. need a test subject? ;)
Saturday would work best for me if that works for you. My 'official' hours are 11-4 but I'm typically there 1030-5 or a bit later.

I planned to test one of these leashes to failure at the Overland Rally a few weekends ago near Marion NC but I never got around to it. If someone had a test meter that could be used then I'd be happy to supply the leash. :)