Have the cops been...

...messing around with anyone you know about license plate mounting and lighting? I've never been stopped in this state for any type of equipment violation but maybe I've been lucky.
This isn't mine but this is how I mounted mine but without a tag light(I know it's not ltechnically legal).

Attachments

I have had mine mounted like that for 4 years. I have been stopped for out of date registration (I had the sticker in the glove box, just hadnt put it on) and he didnt mention anything about the tag, He just told me to put the sticker on it.

That's about what I expect. They're so lax here in SC. For the longest time I didn't know it was illegal to have the tires stick out passed the flares but they don't say a word.

I remember being in VA a few years ago and had a cop about break his neck and turn around to chase me down to stop. I didn't have a front tag and a lifted vehicle. I think he was disappointed that I had a SC tag and couldn't do $h!t.

gillis (09wrangler) got pulled for his tag being crooked, needless to say the cop is the type to pull you for anything and everything. he didnt say anything about a tag light though, so id say your good

There's all types of cops out there. I think we're pretty fortunate in SC, they are pretty lax. I'd stick a light on the tag though, especially if you ride at night.

I have a friend of mine in Phoenix AZ, apparently they are super tough on lifted vehicles around there. 4" is really the max there. It's probably more to do with state laws though.

JP