LR Max

Well I'm over 10 posts, I'm caught up here at le work, so I guess I'll show ya'll my junk.

Its a 73 Land Rover, long wheelbase model. Brooks, Kirby and the guys who have been around know about it. Basically, I spend about 8 years beating the ever living soul out of it.

She decided to tell me to eff off about 2 years ago with a melted #2 and #3 piston. So ever since then, I've been recovering from that and in general, just getting her back into top notch condition.

Doubt she'll hit a real trail for another 2 months or so as I continue to shake down, but I hope to start tearing up northern GA here directly. Until then, I terrorize the mall, suburbs, bike messengers and scare people who try to cut me off. BEST CAR FOR ATL EVER :grin:. Also when I park it at the airport, I always know where I park.

Anywho, less me babbling, more old POS pics.

3456307441_d6a7a6ac5b.jpg
New background by expeditionmax, on Flickr

1736885703_942d4e2765.jpg
Rover 8 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

2662749656_b80105814d.jpg
Medium Pimpin' by expeditionmax, on Flickr

508603680_f0fa8c74aa.jpg
Returning from the Plains by expeditionmax, on Flickr

Nice! Welcome aboard! I remember wheeling with you and that thing way back when I had that black XJ on 31's. I don't know how I convinced you do run Cupcake at Gulches but the 'Rover took it like a champ! :grin: Nice to know we have a bada$$ photographer around.

You should really get someone to take some good pictures of that thing. It looks way to nice and airbrushed in those. Rovers are supposed to look beat, bruised, and otherwise like a death trap.

Rovers are supposed to look beat, bruised, and otherwise like a death trap.
you need to ride in it to get the true "deathtrap" deathtrap feeling. I remember hauling *** on the backroads in clemson in that thing and it feels like it is 4" wide tops and 12" high haha

Whatevs. It puts hair on your chest, and back, and arms.

And it CAN'T be anymore of a death trap than a CJ-5 with 1 front working brake, broken frame, crabbin' up and down 93 all day. THAT was a death trap, yet strangley legal in SC...

And it CAN'T be anymore of a death trap than a CJ-5 with 1 front working brake, broken frame, crabbin' up and down 93 all day. THAT was a death trap, yet strangley legal in SC...
haha, but that CJ was a true deathtrap, the rover just feels like a deathtrap haha. As long as I had my seatbelt buckles the rover was fun as hell haha

Hey now, I had a heep that sounds a lot like that. I think both front brakes worked most of the time though. It got chopped up and scrapped a few years back

Hey now, I had a heep that sounds a lot like that. I think both front brakes worked most of the time though. It got chopped up and scrapped a few years back
Yeah, I still miss it. My ears were never quite right after that time we went wheeling and you had the penny sized hole in your exhaust header. I think you kept the grille and the engine, right?

Yeah. Those and the cage will someday go into the new one. YJ frame, rust free cj7 tub, 60f and a much shaved 14 bolt. Linked on both ends. And another one has a 4.3, th350, and 44's front and rear. Got to get out of Texas before I can do any of that though.