Soap Box Derby... Can we Make it happen in SC?

They are really fun. I wish Clemson could organize one. It would be a killer intermural event. You don't really need that much support.

1. put together a plan
2. Find a charity to sponser it
3. Drum up business interests
4. Get permits from city
5. Involve local radio station to get the word out
6. Build car
7. Race

Nope..;.but I think it would take at least a year of constant preparation and reminding to get enough interest. I would love to do it, but it would take a while to build a car....For some, they could get it done in a weekend, but for those with a family, it might take a while to get one together and make it race worthy....once we do it once though, it should be fairly easy to do on a yearly basis, with a growing following each year...Should we discuss at the meeting? I think it could be a good time..

How long a run would you want? I can think of a few great places downtown, by Finley park, those hills are killer and could be a blast, but would require the city to close off the streets the day of the event. If you could get them to do it as a part of a summer days festival, it would be easier to convince them. Otherwise, there are places with short hills, but nothing long. Just thinking out load...I think it would be a blast...you would have to have rules for the build

They did/do have one in downtown Columbia. i know it was bout 3 years ago we did a story and my friend was doing live shots for the race. it was on a saturday. From what i remembered they actuall closed down 12 in downtown i believe right by the DMV.