1998 ZJ limited 5.2L, CLEAN

Up for sale is my very well-sorted 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 5.2L. I’ve owned it for some time now and have gone through everything with a fine-tooth comb. Mileage is 240k but runs like its brand new, burns nothing. I bought the truck with a transmission on its way out, and that’s where it began. I got hold of another transmission and rebuilt it completely and installed a brand new torque converter. Along with a rebuild, I swapped transfer cases from the NP249 (AWD) to an NP242 (has a 2wd option, better gas mileage). The transfer case was also rebuilt, both driveshafts got brand new u-joints, front and rear differentials got new fluid and up front, all new ball joints.

As for the motor, only Castrol Syntec has been run in it and I have replaced the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, front and rear main seals, and all ignition components (coil, plugs, wires, and alternator). Last summer, the AC compressor was replaced and all new Freon put into the system. For looks, I installed a rough country 2 inch budget boost with rough country shocks all around and steering stabilizer. For wheels and tires, a set of 16” Moab wheels (from a TJ rubicon) with 245 75 16 Firestone destination A/T’s with less than 2000 miles (just installed brand new 3-weeks ago).

This model limited has every available option from the factory. Premium infinity sound (with new Pioneer speakers), heated front seats, full leather, sunroof, overhead display, electric, memory seats, light-sensitive rear view mirrors inside and out, steering wheel audio controls, and tint all the way around which was afterwards put on the front two windows. Finally, this Jeep is fitted with a stage 3 “hidden” OEM tow package with 5 wire tow wiring installed. Below is a more comprehensive list of parts installed. There is far too much to list and this Jeep is a joy to drive and sounds great with the magnaflow exhaust and cat.

The bad:
Small oil leak
Couple of small cracks in driver’s side door armrest
Crack in driver’s seat on vertical side

Drivetrain (new/rebuilt parts):
Rebuilt 42re transmission
NP242 transfer case
Driveshaft u-joints
Torque converter
Front main seal
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gaskets
Spark plugs/wires
Ignition coil
PCV valve ***embly
O2 sensors (upstream and downstream)
Transmission mounts
Radiator/thermostat
Intake/air filter
Distributor cap and rotor
Alternator
Magnaflow 4x9 offset muffler
Magnaflow Carsound catalytic converter
Magnaflow SS exhaust tip
AC compressor
Starter
TPS and IACV
Aftermarket transmission cooler

Suspension:
Rough country 2inch spacers
Rough country shocks
Rough country steering stabilizer
Tie rod ends
Drag link balljoint
Polyurethane swaybar endlinks
Rotors and pads
Front hub bearing ***embly
Rear wheel bearings and seals
Front CV axles
Moab 16”
245 75 16 Firestone Destination A/T’s

Exterior/Interior:
Headlight housings
6k HIDs
Clear corners
Pioneer speakers
Brand new headliner

More pictures can be seen on my USjeeps thread. Evidently, you are only allowed to post 4 images per thread....

This Jeep really is great to drive, reliable, and very well taken care of. Price is $4600 obo. I need to pay off some bills. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
(864)245-3516
max.jaworski@gmail.com
Max

Last edited:
Someone needs to buy this. It is super clean and sounds awesome. I'd like to get it If your lookin for a trade, i got a ford focus hatchback? haha.

Goodluck with the sale max

Someone needs to buy this. It is super clean and sounds awesome. I'd like to get it If your lookin for a trade, i got a ford focus hatchback? haha.

Goodluck with the sale max
Thanks for the offer Casey but no thanks! I'm either looking for a dual sport + cash or an older BMW + cash. I need to get rid of the bills!!!!! Are you workin' at Clemson 4-wheel now? I may stop by if you are and hang up a FS ad....

06TJX said:
Thats a clean rig...Wish I could help ya out....
Thanks man!

Max

Well, it seems I've gotten desperate. Price drop to $3500. If I cannot get rid of it in the next couple weeks I will be settling for CarMax. Shoot me some offers!

Max