Autoblog Test drive of the CRD Wrangler...mmmm 36 mpg

Id sell my left nut for a diesel JKU....I would drive that as my daily, and keep the TJ for fun...Doubt we will ever see it though..

yeah...maybe....If they do, I will have to call the Dr. and see about left nut donation....hell, Ive already got a kid...I'd donate them both...

I work with commercial and industrial diesels every day and I'm so glad to get out of the car biz with diesels becoming more common for private use. Water separators, urea, and aftertreatment systems would have people asking so many questions it's ridiculous.

Well urea is not all that complicated. When the light turns on, you add a gallon of the stuff to the special reservoir.

I'm a little skeptical on the 36mpg figure, sounds rather generous.

What I think is one of the problems is that the Wrangler drivetrain would need to be beefed up. A D44 with 400-ftlb of torque and a 2.71:1 transfer case? That's a ridiculous amount of torque!

JP

Well I'd bet against it getting built. They might try it but lets face it the last two diesel's they tried failed. That being said I'd love to get one if it had solid axles. I see the JK or the next generation getting IFS like the grand in the not too distant future.

Well urea is not all that complicated. When the light turns on, you add a gallon of the stuff to the special reservoir.
People can't remember to change their oil, rotate their tires, or even add washer fluid as it is, lol. Adding a simple extra step turns it into rocket science. And don't get me started on fuel filters and DPF cleaning.