jeeplj - intro

A little late, but better late than never. I've met and know a lot of the old timers on here from USJeeps and MidCarolina but I'd figure I'd do the official introduction like everyone else. I'm matt donaghy and live here in Lexington, SC. Been through a series of jeeps over the years.

89 YJ
94 YJ sahara
82 Scrambler (I suppose this is where the madness started)
series of about 10 other scramblers over 6 years
97 TJ 5 spd
about 5 other various TJ's
04 Unlimited LJ - Lime Green
06 Rubicon Unlimited LJ - Current

There were a few toys added to the 94 YJ, but the madness really started after I drove the CJ8 after it left me on the side of the road several times. Back in the day when I had more money and time than I had sense, I completely tore down and rebuilt that scrambler and swapped in a 4.0 from a Grand cherokee into it and completely stripped and rebuilt it from scratch. In one of my weaker moments, I sold the scrambler with the thought I would be another one bigger and better. Life happened and got married and took on a side business that has turned into full time job in addition to the full time job. So, any more just don't have time to do the full rebuilds from scratch.

Around 2005, I started GR8TOPS after the love of the CJ8's. We make custom jeep half hardtops for TJ's and LJ's to make wannab CJ8's. At the same time, I bought several salvage TJ's and LJ's and fixed them over the last 5 years including the lime green LJ that we used for the GR8TOPS show jeep. Most recently bought a light hit 06 LJ rubicon and fixed it to be drivable again and is the current Jeep. We haven't done much modifications to it right now as I'm mostly using it for fitament on a new product we are working on.

Between having a full time day job and running the GR8TOPS business and a couple of websites, and a 3 yr old, there sadly hasn't been much time for actual wheeling lately or even wrenching for that matter. I hope to change that and get back outside a bit more this year. I've met some really great friends through this site and one of the other sites that I own/operate cj-8.com and hope to meet more.

PS.. I will actually drive a jeep this weekend to the event. I think the last 3 or 4 meetings I've came do, we have not even driven a jeep.
:+)

A few pics of the various jeeps.

100_1134.jpg Image07.jpg frameclean1.jpg Img07.jpg trailerhome6.jpg