Took the kids to Jocassee Gorges and Jumping Off Rock

I took the boys up to Jocassee Gorges Wilderness Area in northwestern South Carolina yesterday. I have more scenery pictures than driving pictures, being that I was driving.

009_zpsshtsfyrw.jpg
Here is a shot of the trail.

003_zpsq9nsj4gr.jpg
One of the little waterfalls.

030_zpsoko63bkn.jpg
Some of the scenery.

029_zpscrv8oufk.jpg
Achievement Unlocked: My first water crossing. My 9 year old did not want to stand on the rickety foot-bridge to take a picture of me crossing it, so you have to use your imagination.

020_zpsabsztdnf.jpg
View from Jumping Off Rock.

017_zpsc2exteqp.jpg
Some little dudes.

012_zps3jlqm2vi.jpg
Another trail shot.

Some rocks.

Does anyone happen to have the schedule for when the various gates are open up there? If I recall correctly there are red and yellow gates. Last time I went, the yellow gates were closed (which was a bummer, because one of my favorite spots is down a yellow gated road).

Red gates are always off limits. I thought the other gates were green, not yellow, but I could be getting this confused with the US Forest Service. Anyway, the seasonal gates are open Mid September to Mid January. I have the exact dates written at home, but I just embarked on a business trip and I won't be home until Friday.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Stellar map. Thanks for sharing.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.