Tell me what you think

Had one of those days of feeling overwhelmed. I guess just looking at the garage and having car parts everywhere did it. Anyways got the engine out of the TJ and a rod knocked a whole in the block, which I figured. So I have decided as much I as I hate to, sell the Comanche, and throw the wrecked Cherokee in as a package for $3000. Am I asking to much. The Comanche is in really good shape body wise and it runs but it has an oil leak and a knock. As you know the the Cherokee is wrecked but runs and drives. I know someone that has a 2000 Wrangler engine with a fresh rebuild and rather go that route. Tell me what you think.

keep your stuff man...dont let the manche disappear. they are to hard to find in good shape....why not throw the cherokee engine in the wrangler?

keep your stuff man...dont let the manche disappear. they are to hard to find in good shape....why not throw the cherokee engine in the wrangler?
Yea really! You got the tj motor out now all you need to do is get the xj motor out and swap the stuff over. Need help? I'm free on Saturday's and Sunday's. I'f you need to sell for other reasons I can understand that too. You have my number if you need some weekend help call me.

Well I was looking on Davey's Jeep's website today and they had a 2002 wrangler motor. I copied the add...
2002 4.0 Engine: Fits 1999-04 Grand Cherokee and 2000-06 Wrangler. 132k miles. Doesn't mention of fitting a classic Cherokee, just a grand Cherokee and Wranglers. Maybe I will call tomorrow and find out the difference.

Like was said above. The basic block was unchanged for years. That is why and how you can stroke them to 4.6L. The 258 crank was the same but had a longer stroke. The XJ motor will fit fine. You will have to put your accessory brackets on it but it will all bolt up.