Little blue pill

Well, a few weeks ago I scooped a Coleman Laredo popup from Deano.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425253.144036.jpg
I've been wanting one for quite awhile and this one fit the bill perfectly. Small and light to pull behind the jeep, cold air, and decent storage for its size. First trip was Natahala. What a good learning curve. Couldn't use the propane because the power pole was grounded so poorly you would get shocked if you touched the trailer tongue. I also forgot to strap the propane tank back down at the grocery store and the regulator got dragged down the road.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425386.059566.jpg
I've had it out a few times since and I am getting better at it. Figured out how to properly set everything up, the best way to store things, and pretty much have everything loaded including kitchen utensils and bedding/linens. I also added a 19 inch lcd TV and a nice digital antenna with booster. The interior lights run the same 12v bulbs as a car so I upgraded to silver stars in the overhead lighting. Much cleaner whiter light. The last addition I made was an upgrade to a modern electric outlet with USB plugs to charge all my devices. I basically just have to drop it on the hitch, grab some clothes and go now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425521.511210.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425540.870169.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425550.224790.jpg

With Colorado coming up in a few weeks I doubt I will add to it until I get back. I found a very similar unit on a yota forum that I want to copy. Basically upgrade to led outdoor lighting, lift it, add a pivoting shackle at one end of the leaf, and give myself the ability to run a true heavy duty trailer tire. http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthread.php?9864-Our-new-popup-camper/page5

So that's it for now...until next time...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442425669.534378.jpg

Last edited:
If you're boon docking, swapping to led interior bulbs will help keep you from running the battery down or you can get a small solar panel to help maintain the battery during the day.

Yeah been looking into that. So far I have run the all the lighting and an interior fan off the 110 outlet in the jeep for several hours at a time with no Ill effects. Definitely want to make it more efficient, and mount its own battery on the tongue. I also have some Yakima racks for it so that I can mount some kind of basket on it for more storage.

I always have good used AGM batteries for sale for dirt cheap. Anything from 12 Amp Hour to 75 Amp Hour. Let me know if you need one before spending a **** ton on a new one.

Last edited: