So I been thinkin!

I have been tossing around the idea of an axle upgrade for a while now. So here it be!

I was thinking about selling my Rubicon dana 44 front & rear axle assemblies at the end of summer. I was wanting to go with a D60 front & GM 14 bolt full float rear. should be easy to find in a junkyard! My big question is pricing on my old axles?????
I have the rubicon D44 front & rear, with alloy usa shafts front & rear, as well as a set of spare front & rear alloy usa shafts. My front & rear drive shafts are the flange bolt in rubicon shafts. The rear one is a carolina drive line high angle shaft with 1350 joints. I would also have to ditch the OE locker pumps, so they would be included as well. Both axles have been regeared to a 488 gear, and have ARB covers.
So what do i charge some lucky soul?

I figured that I want to sell it as a total package.
D44 Rubicon Locking Front Axle, ARB cover, Alloy shafts + Spares, Regeared to 488.
OE front Rubicon Drive Shaft
High Angle Rear Drive Shaft 1350 Joints
D44 Rubicon Locking/LS Rear Axle, ARB Cover, Alloy Shafts + Spares, Regeared to 488.
Front & Rear OE Rubicon Locker Pumps

I'm gonna guess that $5K is a good price? I base this on the fact that OE stock rubicon axle assemblies are around $2K each used. You add in the fact that mine are regeared, and have alloys, and extra shafts, as well as both drive shafts OE lockers & the locker pumps......
Any thoughts?
?
?
?
:confused:

At $5k I'm willing to bet you're gonna be sitting on them for quite a while. Anyone willing to invest that much in axles most likely gonna do research and go with something stronger for much less.

At $5k I'm willing to bet you're gonna be sitting on them for quite a while. Anyone willing to invest that much in axles most likely gonna do research and go with something stronger for much less.
x2, you can get a 1 ton set up for that or less if someone is taking them off on pirate.

I would keep the driveshafts and have carolina driveline lengthen/shorten them. There is no need to buy new ones. That will save you a few bucks.

You may have to market the axles somewhere other than these forums. Most of the people on these forums are "do-it-yourself" or have educated themselves on how to get stronger axles for less. I do agree that there are people with no fab skills but that may be the kid whose dad is willing to pay this and just bolt in.
It looks like we all are agreeing that they may be worth $4-5k but you might ought to try ebay or craigslist.

I dont think that is a unreasonable price. However like others say, you are going to be sitting on them forever. Trying to find someone who wants to fork out the money for a stock bolt in rather than fab up some stuff. However their are lots of rich kids out their. LOL.... just got to find one! When I did my swap I sold my axles before I started and had a jeep on jack stands in the drive forever. If I were you I would keep the axles while the others are at least bracketed up and geared to be driven on then sell them to fund lockers, shafts, and all that extra stuff. I regret selling mine before I was finished at all.

I would just flood the forums with them. Jeeps Unlimited, NC4x4, Jeep forum, Gulches, Craigslist, Pirate, etc... Some good pics and a detailed ad and you will sell those suckers. Make sure they are cleaned up nice and purdy for the guy who cant look past rust and mud. Good luck.

Someone on jeepforum will buy them, although there is a lot of stronger axles and all out there, you have the fact that there bolt in to a TJ, some people dont want the hassle of trying to get axles fabbed up and wanting a bolt up.