Gulches August 1st

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nothing set in stone yet, but Dad and I are going to try to go to Gulches August 1st with our Jeeps, and I believe Jimbo is planning on taking the new Rubi on it's maiden voyage. There's a Facebook group called Daily Driver Off-Roaders that's doing an "Experience the Gulches" ride for first timers. It's definitely not first timers for us, but it will be the first time in mild rigs, so should be fun.

https://www.facebook.com/events/564081730399866/

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
More details. Plan is to eat breakfast at the huddle house in Saluda. We'll plan to LEAVE there at 9:00 to head on the gulches. I'll probably be there 8:15 ish. Backup plan is Burger King across the street because last time we tried this the hh was packed.

I'm not planning on making a long day of it. We'll probably leave Gulches 1:00-2:00. Plan to bring lunch/snack or just get something on the way home.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'll have to keep an eye on the weather. Looks like a good chance of rain every day the rest of the week. No dust would be nice but I probably won't go if it's sloppy.

Bart and I were thinking of going this weekend. He of course wants to take the new Rubi up there to see what she can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We had a decent turnout and everyone seemed to have a good time. We got separated from Miller early on and didn't end up back together, but Me, Art, Jody, Taylor, Tim, and Sam stuck together most of the time and hit some good trails. And Clippa joined up with us for a little while.

Everyone ran the top section of Heartbreaker. We went to the other end and ran 17 or 28 and played in Palmetto Crossing. Then came back to TNT and everyone made that (Tim's JK is probably a little #Jimbolized underneath now...). Then some of us ran Radical Ravine.

There weren't many cameras out. Tim caught me in Radical and I got a shot of Taylor and Clippa after me. Art had a few if you want to post.

PART951438486758826952015-08-019523.25.08_zpsicgc6qsl.jpg