Sway Bar Alternatives

I know there have been numerous discussions on swaybars in the past, from Currie to the toyota torsion bars.

Anyone used something other than the swaybar from the specific vehicle on your jeep or rig?

I would love to pony up for a Currie rear unit, but thats $500 I dont have right now.

I have looked and measured Rear JK units, Cherokee rears, and recently I saw a CJ build where they used a wagoneer swaybar.

Anyone have any creative input?

Packaging in the front of my jeep seems like it may be impossible unless I change my trackbar mount, so I am currently looking at the rear option first.

I know there have been numerous discussions on swaybars in the past, from Currie to the toyota torsion bars.

Anyone used something other than the swaybar from the specific vehicle on your jeep or rig?

I would love to pony up for a Currie rear unit, but thats $500 I dont have right now.

I have looked and measured Rear JK units, Cherokee rears, and recently I saw a CJ build where they used a wagoneer swaybar.

Anyone have any creative input?

Packaging in the front of my jeep seems like it may be impossible unless I change my trackbar mount, so I am currently looking at the rear option first.
That is my situation. My trackbar mount on my axle is right where i want to mount my swaybar. I can probably figure something out but am shooting for a rear first. David D used a generic swaybar company that is same design as antirock but can be had for around $300 if I remember correctly. Same company that NASCAR uses for their swaybars. You pick diameter and length of the bar, thickness and length of arms as well. So with that set up you have to have an idea of what rates you want.

Once i get out of school I plan to do currie front and rear. Just seems the best way about it. A lot of people run the stock TJ sway bar and say it works very well. If I were you i'd try to just find a stock TJ sway bar and figure out a way to attach it. I can't remember how your track bar mount is. but they have offset arms to bend around your frame side mount.

May be a hijack Brooks.....what are you hoping to get or gain from having one in the rear? This comes from an opportunity to learn, not because I have a better answer.

If this proves to be a hijack maybe you can start this discussion too and remove my question from this thread.

Actually rear sway bars do just as much and if not more in almost every case. I noticed a huge difference when i disconnected my rear sway bar in its stock form.

I've thought about adding sway bar in the rear of my YJ. Mainly I just want to slow the 4-link down a little so the front susp. can do some more work. I've got a couple friends who installed sway bars in their Toyota buggies (4-link and air shocks in rear, leaves up front) and they said it is great. Much more stable then before.

The universal anti-rock is only ~$400 from what I've seen. I'm just not sure about packaging in my Jeep. My muffler is in the way of running it in front of the axle, and I don't really want the sway bar as the rear bumper if I ran it in behind.

But on a serious note, I havent looked at the TJ frame and what you have going on under there, but could you drill two holes in the frame around where the stock CA mounts are and run a tube in between the frame rails. Put the sway bar in there and run the arms facing towards the front of the Jeep?

But on a serious note, I havent looked at the TJ frame and what you have going on under there, but could you drill two holes in the frame around where the stock CA mounts are and run a tube in between the frame rails. Put the sway bar in there and run the arms facing towards the front of the Jeep?
Motor and trans in the way