4-8-11 CU Offroad Windrock Trip

Well we just got back from Windrock this weekend and had a blast. It called for scattered T-storms all weekend but we managed to maybe get a drizzle for a couple minutes Saturday. We pulled out of Bilo in Clemson around 3 and managed to get there by 7:30 and start setting up camp at Windrock Park.

Woke up Saturday and went to get out trail passes before we head out. One thing I find kind of odd about Windrock is its $17 a person no matter if your wheeling or riding, a little expensive in my opinion, but theres tons of trails and the roads are maintained very well so its worth it. We started on trail 11, headed to 16, 17, 18 and then swang back by 15 on the way out to finish up the day. Im sure we ran a couple more but cant remember the numbers. Didnt have any breakage on the trip besides Will in his YJ, he broke a motor mount and inverted a shackle but neither kept him from raising hell in it still :grinpimp:.

i used to live 20 mins from there.. i d wheel there every chance i had.
lil mule (trail 15) changes everytime i see it.. i did that trail a bunch of times.
Trail 4? i did it last year in the snow..

Sweet pictures!

There is some sweet face action shots going on in these pics. I saw yall rolling out Friday. Hate i missed it but had my best friend from home get married in Columbus Sat.

I agree, I would like to have a club trip out there sometime this year. The only downside other than the 5 hour drive is the $17/person/day fee.

and you can't camp on the mountain.. only is specific areas. And its really muddy except in the summer times where its really dusty..
I got some photobucket pictures of that place. all kinda terrain there from splashing in mud puddles to breaking axles.. i got a map too .. its huge!

Mark

Can you get a weekend pass for the club with a the discount??? I would make the trip and pay to play and make a weekend out of it... Looks like one heck of a ride!!!:drool: