vespa

So I just bought a 2001 vespa for my wife to scoot around town diiiiiiiirrrrrrt cheap...I need to get some motor work done on it....any one have any experience or know anyone that can work on these beasts? Thanks.....shane.

Well it hasn't run in about 18 months :)......so I need to replace plugswires and a few other things, if I can't get it to run....looking for help.....its a 50cc 2 stroke

Last edited:
is it a Vespa brand or looks like a vespa..
Automatic or 3 spd?
premix or oil on side?
Does it crank?

I lived in France for 6 years.. thats all they ride over there.. at 6$/gallon mopeds are kings.

I can drop by your house one day and look at it
Mark

Its a true blue (well silver) vespa et2. We believe it is a 2000 or 2001. Automatic, oil. When I use the kick start it turns fine, but the history is a bit vague. Apparently it was stole, then sold at auction, then sat around. When the guy I got it from attested to start it, it ran for about 23 hours while he worked on it then there as a fuel leak, fire, then he just left it. I am ordering replacement parts that werething burned and workingI on replacingit wiring thisto week. When theI new carborator gets here, it wouldwith be greata if youI could help me get it going.

Email sent....I'll be ordering some parts this weekend and next week, so it may make more sense to come over in a week or so when stuff comes in...not a whole lot to look at right now :)

Get some pics of this beast. Id love to get a dual sport to bomb around on but im thinking a honda ruckus is more in my possible price range if i was to spend money on something for better fuel economy.

Really dude, a Vespa? Don't forget her pink helmet! I knew you were thinking about getting one but I didn't think you were serious. Wait, I see where this is going. She gets a vespa you get a harley davidson!

I'll forward the info to my friend who DD's one (he lives in midtown ATL and commutes to downtown everyday). He rat rodded one from the 50's. As unusual as that sounds, its kinda awesome. I know the older ones are like working on...well anything old. Drop dead simple but still kinda quirky.

From what I can tell, there is a lot of support for them here in ATL and more in the downtown area I see a ton of em.

Really dude, a Vespa? Don't forget her pink helmet! I knew you were thinking about getting one but I didn't think you were serious. Wait, I see where this is going. She gets a vespa you get a harley davidson!
hahaha...I went to a local scooter shop to see about getting some parts and he had a nice Harley, with 3500 miles for 6300.00...I was sooo tempted. As soon as my rig is paid off, (next year), a Harley is in my future :)