Duramtown Tellico aug 28,29,30th Report

Overall I'd say the weekend was a success. Marcus, George, Clippa, Joey and myself pretty much did the entire park. As it stands right now it offers a ton of options for a wide range of vehicles. Great for the smaller rigs on 35's looking to do expo style wheeling and plenty of options for guys in built rigs like Marcus's. We were very lucky the rain held off and let us hit so much, a good down pour like we had last night and this place will get impossie to do because there is very very little exposed rock, most dirt hills. Although more wheels and time will drastically change this place. It will eventually be a park for the most built of built rigs. Felt good to go thru hanging dog and see a lot of things haven't changed to much. As far as camping it's primitive as it gets, town is along ways away and you have to leave your tow rig and trailers at the entrance of the park. I have some pics on my gopro and iPad I'll post up later on.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We had a good time too. Probably ran about half the trails. I'll post some pictures and more info when I get to a computer.

Did ya'll go to the end of the Tellico Road? Anything to see?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Looking back at the map, I'd say we saw less than half the trails...

We started out on Lucy Gap (the main road) and did Lower Leaf Spring on the way. We started down Upper Leaf Spring, but there was a slick ledge with a dropoff to the left that I tried a couple of times and we decided to go around since we had just gotten started. We continued up to Tellico Road and Tom Taylor up to the bowl. Greg, Dad and I ran one of the trails up to the top and met Tim on Sassafras. We went to the loop and the end then headed back down. We intended to take New Cut Road, but there is active logging in that area with roads that aren't marked. We ended up back on Tom Taylor somehow, so we went back to Tellico Road and turned right towards Mulky Falls. The falls would be a nice lunch spot, but there is limited turn around space and a sign saying no Jeeps, so we walked up.

20140830_113823_zpshf9cgwr6.jpg

We ate lunch on Tellico Road at the Mulky falls trail, then decided to run out to the "Old Tellico" area. We probably got half way before making a new friend. There was a tired dog (probably bear hunter) walking the trail and it came over and laid down under Dad's Sami. We finally got enough service to call the number on the collar and let the owner know we were taking her back to the office. Tim loaded her up in the comfort of the JK and we turned around. We got to the point where there were a couple different trails breaking off and there was a yellow sign saying Fain Tract and Trail 7 to the left.

We headed back down and checked out the camping areas and the Snowbird Clubhouse. Then headed back towards the entrance to run some of the trails down there. We turned on to Knucklebuster, which was a pretty fun and challenging trail. On the first rock pile, I hung the rear diff and in the process of working getting unhung, I slid off the pile and ended up in the woods and had to winch.

20140830_164309_zpsjkuv78cq.jpg

With Greg's road building, Dad made it through with a little trouble. Then Greg drove through without touching anything...

The next obstacle had a bypass cut around it. I tried a few times until I got the front yoke hung up pretty bad and winched again. Greg tried a few times and took the bypass behind Dad. We finished that trail and turned back right on Skid Mark to head out.

We had a good time but I'd like to have 2 days to see everything and not be so rushed. We'll definitely plan a weekend trip back up there, hopefully in the spring.

Enjoyed the trip. Cannot thank those in the group enough for the help breaking in the newbie. What a nice area to ride and break in on.

Enjoyed the trip. Cannot thank those in the group enough for the help breaking in the newbie. What a nice area to ride and break in on.

Had a great time , the trails was ok. The camping cost to much in my opinion.

George our group on 2 campsites payed $450 to ride and camp. That's the most expensive no shower weekend I've ever had. For that kinda coin there needs to be more ammentities. A camp site should be x-amount and that's it, then charged Brandon the same as a driver for taking his DD to the camp. Thank god we found some fire wood it was $20 for a little bundle, to fish in the trout pond was $10 a day. I was told a campsite was like $28ish or so, we could have gotten hotel rooms waaaaaayy cheaper.

George our group on 2 campsites payed $450 to ride and camp. That's the most expensive no shower weekend I've ever had. For that kinda coin there needs to be more ammentities. A camp site should be x-amount and that's it, then charged Brandon the same as a driver for taking his DD to the camp. Thank god we found some fire wood it was $20 for a little bundle, to fish in the trout pond was $10 a day. I was told a campsite was like $28ish or so, we could have gotten hotel rooms waaaaaayy cheaper.
Glad I stayed at home and watched Clemson lose now.

if I go back I leave the buggy at home and just ride with somebody. I know bombing down the roads in Clippa's buggy was bad ***. The only downside to riding with him I couldn't drink beer and ride at same time lol

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER

Wow, we stayed at the hampton and paid less. That's kind of crazy.