Sheriffs Jeep Fest

Seemed like good trail rides and vendors. Calli and tripp and chase went last year. one of them can chime in and give their take on it.

Short Story: It's a pretty cool event for a single man (or kidless couple) in a mildly built Wrangler that likes to party and isn't looking for any extreme wheeling.

Long Story:
I went last year. I drove down in a pretty stock XJ on 31's. The Event was pretty organized but I doubt I'll be going back this year. I'd imagine Wrangler guys would enjoy it more since I was 1 of maybe 10 XJ's in a sea of 10,000 Quadratech Catalog JKs.

The planned obstacle course was fun in my little Jeep on 31's but I think I would have been bored in my XJ on 35's locked f/r. There's 2 or 3 bigger obstacles for big rigs. A lot of the obstacles were your typical 33" tire obstacles. Phone poles, cement slabs, small rocks, etc. They police the obstacle course like it's a war zone. You aren't allowed to get out of your rig at all (Unless you break something). I wanted to take a few pictures of my buddy on an obstacle and was told I needed to leave.

The "Medium level Trail Ride" that I went on was a joke. I spent more time being told my XJ wouldn't make it on 31's than I did actually wheeling. There was one 2ft deep water crossing and one long hill climb that was pretty fun. Other than that, it was the equivelent of Trail 2 at Gulches. In the end there was nothing difficult at all for my open/open XJ on 31's and ended up towing a few of the **** talkers to the top of the hill with my baby XJ. I picked a group that was mostly TJ's and JK's on 31's and 33's. The "trail ride" I went on was nothing special but I suppose the other trails available could be more enjoyable. I didn't see those. Perhaps if I'd taken my trail rig and rode the "Hard Trail Ride" I would have had more fun. If you're looking for a super easy going 2wd trail ride then you need to stick with the "Medium Level Trail Ride"

The event itself at night was alright. They had a big get together thing at some resturant. Looked like fun for a single man. No place to take the kids though. We went back to the campground for some peace and quiet and found a massive Pro-DJ dance party going on in the site beside us. Again, fun for a single man but not so much for the kids. I ended up at the other end of the campground watching a couple drunk guys try their best to destroy a creek bed. (I don't remember the name of the campground but it was the only one within a 5 mile drive of the event.)

Long story short, I doubt I'll take the family back. It might be worth going back by myself just to hang out with Jeep people and check out rigs. If you're looking for good wheeling then you need to go somewhere else.

Here's the pictures I took at the event:

JeepFest2013-7943_zps79c5d983.jpg

JeepFest2013-7948_zps66b48c48.jpg

JeepFest2013-7941_zps4a7cda43.jpg

Here's the linke to the rest of them:

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/lowrange2/library/JeepFest 2013 Jasper GA

Short Story: It's a pretty cool event for a single man (or kidless couple) in a mildly built Wrangler that likes to party and isn't looking for any extreme wheeling.

Long Story:
I went last year. I drove down in a pretty stock XJ on 31's. The Event was pretty organized but I doubt I'll be going back this year. I'd imagine Wrangler guys would enjoy it more since I was 1 of maybe 10 XJ's in a sea of 10,000 Quadratech Catalog JKs.

The planned obstacle course was fun in my little Jeep on 31's but I think I would have been bored in my XJ on 35's locked f/r. There's 2 or 3 bigger obstacles for big rigs. A lot of the obstacles were your typical 33" tire obstacles. Phone poles, cement slabs, small rocks, etc. They police the obstacle course like it's a war zone. You aren't allowed to get out of your rig at all (Unless you break something). I wanted to take a few pictures of my buddy on an obstacle and was told I needed to leave.

The "Medium level Trail Ride" that I went on was a joke. I spent more time being told my XJ wouldn't make it on 31's than I did actually wheeling. There was one 2ft deep water crossing and one long hill climb that was pretty fun. Other than that, it was the equivelent of Trail 2 at Gulches. In the end there was nothing difficult at all for my open/open XJ on 31's and ended up towing a few of the **** talkers to the top of the hill with my baby XJ. I picked a group that was mostly TJ's and JK's on 31's and 33's. The "trail ride" I went on was nothing special but I suppose the other trails available could be more enjoyable. I didn't see those. Perhaps if I'd taken my trail rig and rode the "Hard Trail Ride" I would have had more fun. If you're looking for a super easy going 2wd trail ride then you need to stick with the "Medium Level Trail Ride"

The event itself at night was alright. They had a big get together thing at some resturant. Looked like fun for a single man. No place to take the kids though. We went back to the campground for some peace and quiet and found a massive Pro-DJ dance party going on in the site beside us. Again, fun for a single man but not so much for the kids. I ended up at the other end of the campground watching a couple drunk guys try their best to destroy a creek bed. (I don't remember the name of the campground but it was the only one within a 5 mile drive of the event.)

Long story short, I doubt I'll take the family back. It might be worth going back by myself just to hang out with Jeep people and check out rigs. If you're looking for good wheeling then you need to go somewhere else.

Here's the pictures I took at the event:

JeepFest2013-7943_zps79c5d983.jpg

JeepFest2013-7948_zps66b48c48.jpg

JeepFest2013-7941_zps4a7cda43.jpg

Here's the linke to the rest of them:

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/lowrange2/library/JeepFest 2013 Jasper GA

thanks for that perspective!

I'm not sure about registration but they have a limited number of "spots". And what a spot gets you in admission to the show, and qualifies you some way for the obstacle course as well as the off site trail rides. It was a really neat event last year and sounds like its gonna be even bigger this year. Id like to go again this year but not sure if it will work out or not.

I'm not sure about registration but they have a limited number of "spots". And what a spot gets you in admission to the show, and qualifies you some way for the obstacle course as well as the off site trail rides. It was a really neat event last year and sounds like its gonna be even bigger this year. Id like to go again this year but not sure if it will work out or not.
Yeah, to get a "spot" on the trail ride you had to register way early. Registration was pretty expensive and didn't include camping but I figured it'd be worth it for charity. The obstacle course was pretty much free game. You pulled down the little road, dude made sure everyone was buckled up and said have a good time. They had people standing at the top and bottom of most of the big obstacles to offer a spotter since you weren't allowed out of your rig. (Terrible spotters but they were spotters).

By registering meant you could park on the right side of the parking lot with access to the obstacle course. All non-Jeeps paid a different fee and parked on the left side of the parking lot.