Pulling an AW4

I know what your thinking, this should be straight forward. unbolt anything attaching the tranny and drop it. But for some reason im having way too much trouble. I've basically got everything undone except for the stupid gay reverse torx bolt on the very top. Coundn't get it so i lowered the entire tranny as far as possible and can now access it with 6 billion extension but still cant break it loose. Even tried an impact. Is there some secret that i dont know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna PB blast the crap out of it and get a stronger impact today. lets hope it dont shear the bolt head off:shaking:

I have pulled around 3 or 4 AW4 trans. from cherokee's its always been pretty strait forward. Never had much of a problem. I do remember the top bolt being different from the top, but I cant seem to remember if it was reverse! Irmo xjt may know!!!!!!!!

just like brooks said its normal threaded torx bolts. they can sometimes be a real pain if its the first time being removed since factory install.

yes tc has been upbolted.

when i said reverse torx i meant that it was opposite of the usually button head torx. I know its still normal thread. i've gotten the star socket that is designed for it and couldn't get it loose. so bigger impact is on the way. We'll see what happens this weekend. This is the only thing keeping it from coming out and im desperately wanting to drive my jeep again.

I remember those being a pain when Brooks and I took out mine for the 4wd conversion. I think I had 8ft of extensions as well, lol. Hard to get good torque on them with that many joints and length.