Project: Times are changing

The title says it. Sold my old mini truck, no tow rig, no trailer. I've been wanting to head toward a simpler setup for along time now. The hardest part was deciding to sell the truck. It was like a mental block. And I just sold the Lexus I got from Jim. I enjoyed it the only prob with it was it got "Jimbolized" pretty bad. So in sticking with the Landcruiser Toyota theme I picked up the one that was forsale on here awhile back. 93 with factory lockers.

First thing first. It's in pretty bad of some maintenance. The passenger birf and drive flange was stripped out. Luckily I kept my old 80 axles I was going to put in the mini truck. It's like birfield soup in there. These inner axle seals have been leaking along time. I just tossed the birf in called it good for now. Called up cruiserparts.net in NH and got a complete knuckle rebuild kit. Being this is an abs axle the non abs birfield stuff is a temporary fix. I was hoping to put hubs on the front but with this transfer case being full time it cost a lot to make it part time. Just got it out the body shop. Had the running boards removed, the fender flares removed and new corner marker lights installed.
1fa8d2002e01eaa20dbbd532c2f9a118.jpg

Found a Tjm low profile front bumper for $300. 4x4labs rear bumper kit. I'll build my sliders. 3" lift and 35's. 5.29's. I'm headed towards the expo scene. Fj summit type events. DD/ light wheeling. Possibly driving it to my honeymoon in sept. Headed back to Moab and exploring all the milder trails. Looking at cruiser events in CO. I have rufflly 5-6 weeks of vacation a year and my fiancé enjoys the camping exploring scene a lot more than the harder stuff. Plus I'm mtn biking so much these days. So the cruiser works out good for all that to.

I'm going to Monstaline the whole vehicle after my bumpers show up. Here's are few examples of some nice cruisers that got coated. Being the fenders have primer on them, the back tail gate is black and some surface rust spots I'm not about to get the whole thing painted nice just to "Jimbolized" it. So for around $300 I can line the whole thing.
3aa5840be3226f4fbd58d4790f2ec063.jpg
0ed720a193310299397dee729b4c7f19.jpg

Looks good deano. I'd talked to Melissa about replacing her xj with an 80 series but those things are thirsty.

I'm interested in the monstaliner deal. I've got two shotty green painted vehicles that need something. I bought the raptor liner to do my bed with.

It does suck gas I agree. But no tow rig,no trailer. Multiple vehicle insurance/taxes. It's a wash for me. Plus i only drive a few miles to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read 2 gallons. The green one above used 2 gallons and had enough for a second coat on the lower sections I think. I'll more than Likely spray it since I'm doing the entire rig and the roller wouldn't be as detailed. I'm going to Napa in the morning to price some undercoat guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I finally got around to working on this thing. Yeah all the cool days we had a few weeks back and my dumass decides to work on the hottest week of the summer. I polished up the wheels, painted the beadlocks and installed some 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's. With only a 2.5in lift these tires are huge on here. I'm almost thinking I messed up but it does look pretty nasty and these tires are bad. Can't wait to get them on some dirt. I have a few pics on my iPad I'll upload later on.