Family Rig 2.0-Rescue Green JKU

We were quickly outgrowing our current TJ, and it was a tight fit with our 15 month old son's carseat, and our german shepherd. This led to our search for the perfect rig. I always told myself from CJs and TJs, that JKs were not real jeeps. I needed 4 doors, and this was the option that fit us the best. This is going to be a quick 1st stage build as we did lift and wheels/tires

I had 4 requirements:

4 door JKU
Rescue Green
6speed
1 owner

After searching for months, we made all these happen with some friends over at Orange Bear Motors. The rig had a Garvin wilderness rack on it from the one previous owner.

The day we got her.

photo1.jpg

4 Days later(My wife is a wheeler)
photo2.jpg

2.5" Rough country with 35x15.2x17 Goodyear MTR/K on Procomp 17x8.5 Alloys
photo3.jpg

This is my daily driver, so plans will be mild. This will pull my camping/tent trailer. We will most likely do front and rear bumpers next when we decide on a winch. Some form of on board computer/tuner will be added for speedometer change and a mild tune(drive by wire).

Thanks for checking out the start of my build.

I think you will like the JK. I myself thought they sucked until I got in Jimbo's new one. It seems to do quite well for what it is also.

Nice start I was going to d a jk rubicon u but the wife decided she liked the grand x package better ......So I decided on a xj .Did not want 2 payments...