#BlewTJ

Not really a build thread since the Jeep is already as built as you can build a TJ, but I will be making several changes that may be useful to someone down the road so I will keep track of it here.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
-4.0L Sprintex Supercharger
-42RLE
-241OR Rubicon 4:1 Transfercase
-Rubicon Express Belly Pan
-ORI Struts front and rear
-39" Red Labels on 17x9.5 Raceline Monster's
-Pro-Rock 60 Rear, 64" WMS to WMS, 5:13's, Alloy USA Chromo's, ARB
-Custom 60 Front , 64" WMS to WMS, 5:13's, Yukon Chromo's, ARB
-PSC Full Hydro with DE Ram
-Gen-Right Armor
-Gen-Right Cage
-Corbeau Baja XRS seats with Mastercraft Harnesses
-Warm 9.5 HS with rope

Last edited:
Changes that will for sure be made:
-Clean up all fab work previously done.
-Have Scott paint the body armor, tail gate, hood vents, and half doors legit (body color)
-Re-paint most of the frame/axles what not
-Re-do some wiring

Most importantly:
Re-do front suspension setup. It is currently radius arm setup like the Rubicon Express kit would have been except has .250 wall DOM material. The Jeep has terrible wheel hop. I will do a true three link like Marcus and Nick are running.

Also the front lowers are set up with a bushing in the axle side lower instead of a heim. I think I am going to do new aluminum lowers and get heims for that side.

I would also like to do new aluminum lowers for the rear. I thought they were aluminum all along but I was fooled by silver paint. The rear uppers are a Y-Link, which I am not crazy about but it's not something I feel the need to change unless I see issues with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393208865.466462.jpg
Did some sticker removal. The rubicon express sticker is glued on I think. Gonna get someone to use an eraser on it I think. Bfg sticker is outta here too.

figured it would shine up more... was it hoping when you were on throttle hard or just crawling? use to wheel with alot of radius front and they seemed pretty good. might be able to play with front shocks?

It is gonna shine up good. It's still dirty as crap from Gulches. I just sprayed the mud off today. The half doors have a half *** paint job. They are going to the body shop in the next couple weeks along with the armor and aftermarket tailgate.

figured it would shine up more... was it hoping when you were on throttle hard or just crawling? use to wheel with alot of radius front and they seemed pretty good. might be able to play with front shocks?
Hopped when hard on the throttle. It was violent though.

Tuning ORI's is definitely on the to do list though. They seem super stiff to me. Although, road manners and around here it is great. Gulches is not the place to tune suspension in a trail rig. You could however tune the **** out of a desert car out there. The whole place is like whoops...lol

It's mostly clean. You know I can't have my shiz sittin around dirty.

Krispy Craig decided we should go up through there last night also.

So, a couple questions.

Where are the cheapest prices on aluminum links yall have been seeing?

And any ideas on spare axle shafts for the rear? It's 35 spline and 31.12" and 30.12". Since it's narrow and 35 spline I figure it's gonna have to be a custom shaft. Didn't know if anything would have came in the 1.5" diameter that I could pick up on the cheap and have them cut/splined just for spares. Really don't want to spend $400 on spare shafts for the rear. #sheain'tno14BFF

I have a couple ORI manuals. Its easy as hell although I believe you have to bleed both chambers in order to make any changes whether it be ride height or dampening. You saw how long it took me to set mine up. You can borrow my tank and this manual and youre good to go.