Project Warroir for a good cause

Well the time has come for me to introduce myself and my project .It is a 99 xj classic .The purpose behind this build is kind of personal to me. I work for a company that serves the military and I work with current and former military on a daily basis. I feel a kinship with them and have the utmost respect and appreciation for what they do for our country and our freedom. So to do my part in giving back to those how have given us security at the home front at the cost of an injury (physical or mental) I present project warrior. DSC04170_zps89fa35b7.jpg
Specs so far are as follows
99 xj classic 4.0l 4x4
NP242
Dana35 rear
Dana30 ft
142k miles
Rubicon express 3.5" with rear leafs
16"wrangler wheels with 245/75 16 Goodyear wrangler mtr.
injector upgrade to 784's
k&n filter change
All new ft calipers, rotors vented and slotted, and pads
Rear drums ,shoes,wheelcylinders
New mastercylinder and hard line from ft to rear
SS 5" lift lines ft and rear
Yakama rack
E3 plugs
35% tint

Future plans:
Long arm upgrade (Serious or other)
4.5"coils ft and 1"shakels in rear(Rubicon)
Winch ft bumper
Spare tire carrier rear bumper with high lift mount and 2 jerry cans
Rock sliders
Chrysler 8.25 rear axle swap with disc brakes and locker
Locker for ft axel
cb with fire stick
q/p armor
Gas tank skid
steering upgrade(Serious ,currie,or other)
Winch smittybuilt xrc8
Dynomax cat back
High lift jack
sway bar disconnects
limiting straps
bead lock wheels
31-33" tires
Led lighting upgrade (Inside and fogs on ft bumper)
Gear storage and recovery storage system in rear
And a few other things I have not yet thought of.

The reason I am doing this build is to attempt to get with my local VA or the wounded warrior project and take 3 wounded military persons on an all expenses paid weekend wheeling and camping trip up to 4 times a year. To help them get their mind off of the obstacles they face and bring a sense of peace to their being if only for a short time. I currently do not have any vendor sponsors but do have a few local sponsors one of which is supplying a Chrysler 8.25 29spine axel and the rear disc conversion from a zj in exchange for my d35 that is currently under the jeep. I am doing this all on my own dime. This project will take some time to get finished but I hopefully will be able to achieve my goal. Any input, opinions are more than welcome and if any vendors on here wish to contact me please pm me Thanks in advance for your views and comments...

my old jeep club i was in would do a wounded warroir's ride every year...think last year they took 9 vets out for a day ride and fed them..They always love it

my old jeep club i was in would do a wounded warroir's ride every year...think last year they took 9 vets out for a day ride and fed them..They always love it
It's good to hear and I just cleared it with my company no conflict of intrest. If you could get me the info of the jeep club was it in SC??

Got off the phone earlier with James at Ares Fabrication (http://aresfabrication.com/) He is a really stand up guy and has some awesome products. I particularly like the evo winch bumper and I think his tire carrier rear bumper is priced reasonably and is full of options and looks good. After a good conversation he has decided to come on board and help the cause Thanks again James!!! Can't wait till brown Santa comes.Let's just say most of my armor is taken care of at a great price.

so now I am trying to decide what long arm upgrade to go with
I like the idea of the i rock 3 link with the little to no bind and flexes better than the local girls working the pole but not sure if it is something I feel safe putting the fam in when we go camping? I am also thinking serious off road long arm kit ?? Any suggestions from folks running these with real world experience?

If you are wanting to stay on such a small tire why spend all that money on a 3 link or long arm?
I will probibly end up on a 33"tire and i want to be able to flex without binding issues Iron rock offroad was one of the options I was looking at but have never run anything like that set up before. I have seen both positive and negative feedback on this system . My last xj I ran the rough country 4.5"longarm and it was pretty good but I want something that has better ends I got sick and tired of rebuilding them . I am from the school of doing it right the first time now and want to make sure I am getting quality stuff from the jump.plus if I ever decide to go with bigger tires than 33 or want to go higher than 4.5" all I needd to do is replace shackles and springs.

Iron rock maybe? But that isn't a true 3 link, it's a radius rod, which isn't any better than your typical radius arm.
Yes Iron rock , Never ran anything like this .I am useing this as a camping v and a wheeler so I want to make is as safe as possible but want to be able to go places you cannot easily with short arms. The serious off road looks to be a good setup and is Beef plus has good ends that should hold up better than most..

Last edited:
Well I currently have stock uppers and Rubicon lowers Help me put together a solid set up I am all for spending money where it counts vs. wasting it on un necessary things for cool factor. I have just noticed on 99% of serious trail rigs run long arms. I will be useing this for long road trips with the fam to camp all over the SE and if it doesn't ride good the wife will never let me hear the end of it.

Last edited: