Welding Vs Spool...

Ok so Im starting to order parts for my HP44. Im going to permanently lock it since I'll have the locking hubs. My question is since I'll have to buy a new carrier to run 4.88s would it be better to just buy a new carrier and weld my gears or just to buy a spool and call it a day. I'm trying to do this the cheapest way possible but don't mind spending a little extra if it is really all that worth it. Let me know what y'all think.

If you are going to spend 100 for a spool spend 250 and get a locker. Or spend around the same and get a used locker. Spools suck donkey balls in the front. Yeah you can unlock the hubs but its a hassle. With a locker you can leave the hubs locked, throw it in 2wd and roll out.

If you are going to spend 100 for a spool spend 250 and get a locker. Or spend around the same and get a used locker. Spools suck donkey balls in the front. Yeah you can unlock the hubs but its a hassle. With a locker you can leave the hubs locked, throw it in 2wd and roll out.
It's gonna be a lot more than $350 for a locker and a carrier I think. Didn't read too much into what it was ping in though.

build it once build it right and you will save money in the end.....only reason im saying this is that i see you wanna run 37s and you have already broke the carrier

After hearin back from the guy who got the buggy ill prob never weld a dif again. The front was about to come apart and I broke the rear.