"Horse Pasture" Trail Ride this Sat.

The Columbia Jeep Club, the Greenville Jeep Club, and a few others are going to be up at Horse Pasture this Saturday, January 11th. If anybody wants to come along, we will be meeting at the Holly Springs Country Store 6491 SC Hwy 11, Pickens at about 10 am. PM me for more info or if you have any questions.

After you cross through the river and turn left (coming from jumping off rock) there is a gate on the left. Hike down that road and the view is worth it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389142234.833154.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389142257.125043.jpg
Wish I was off Saturday, I would go ride.

Well to anyone that was thinking about joining us tomorrow, looks like we will be postponing the ride for better weather. I know it sounds odd but since this is more of a scenic ride I guess having rain all day isn't really worth the trouble. I will update when a new ride date is planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I'm a new owner of an F150 4x4 (crew cab) and wanting to explore our woods some while learning a bit about driving off-road. No, I don't have a Jeep, but found this thread through my internet searching. I'm not looking for off-road challenges, but a safe, easy way to have a little fun while site seeing.

This horsepasture area looks like the type of thing I was searching for. I've watched some YouTube videos and looks like, for the most part, you can stay on partially maintained roads with small creek crossings. Is that right? What would you say to a new guy going out and exploring that area by himself? I just might try it tomorrow...it will be wet, but the sun should be out. Feels like a month since we've seen the sun.

Apologies for crashing your thread, but I can't find anywhere else suitable to ask. Thanks for any help.

Yes you could very easily do that road by yourself. Just make sure to bring a gps or map so you have an idea or where you are if you get lost.

I had a buddy do the whole thing in a 2wd tundra and he was fine.

Thanks. I do have GPS, and cell phone. The best map I have is online versions, and they are pretty poor.

I forgot to mention...brand new truck, and I don't want to put on any new pin stripping. I assume I can do this without rubbing against brush?

I'm in a white F150 crew cab. Family of 4. Say hello if anyones out there and sees us.

Yup you will be perfectly fine. The roads are very well kept up. They are actually pretty wide too so no new pin stripes, but it will need a wash. Try to find jumping off rock it's a great view

Thanks mcannon111.

jimbo mentions that the roads are all open until the 15th, but the dates I see online are different. I've seen open from Sept 15 through Jan 1 and then again from March 20 through May 10.

Can anyone verify that it is in fact open tomorrow? It's a 40 minute ride I'd rather not take if I can't get in.

I'm using the article written by Greg Lucas on scwildlife.com as my guide.