Old Rapids Dam- Scaler's Comp Jan 19th

We went out this past weekend and drew out the basic idea for the courses, waterproofing is not needed. The deepest water you have to drive through is maybe 1/2" deep and you can avoid it. We are running classes 1-3 so if you have a scale rig chances are we have a spot for you. Come on out and see what a scale comp is all about, no pressure its all for fun. There will be prizes and lunch provided. $5 entry fee per driver.

ok sounds good, what's the timing on the event? and I just need to find a 25 tooth servo horn, cant seem to find any of mine.
I just bought a new clamping one, so I have my regular aluminum one if you need one.

there are two 20 gate courses and they will each have a time limit probably around 10-15 minutes each.

Yeah I'm going to run the wraith, im still going to bring my summit for when my wraith breaks or dies or overheats lol :roll: my other options are a 1/14 brushless vaterra that cant crawl, and a real junky rc that I built...

I'll be there around 8am probably to start setting up. The wraith will be fine, just make sure you gear it down so it wont overheat. do you know what pinion and spur you are running?

Ok sounds good on the timing, and im running a 15 tooth pinion gear and a 87 tooth spur gear, with I want to say a 27 turn, aftermarket rebuild-able motor, I've burnt up 2 axial 20turn motors before, on for no good reason, the other had some 3s lipo action that made short work of it. Id like to gear it down, it still gets to warm.

sadly, the as3, but its acutely been doing quite well with no problems, I was thinking about taking one of the 10 that are on my summit to replace it, but I fell like that is almost counter productive. what do you recommend, especially with 10 ounces in each tire.?

sadly, the as3, but its acutely been doing quite well with no problems, I was thinking about taking one of the 10 that are on my summit to replace it, but I fell like that is almost counter productive. what do you recommend, especially with 10 ounces in each tire.?
the servo on your summit is actually quite weaker and has plastic gears, it survives because it has a steering saver.

Dammit, I just realized I bought a new servo horn yesterday for this weekend and bought the wrong dang spline count. I bought a 25t and needed a 24t. Want to buy a really nice aluminum clamping unit for $11?

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rbor17003.htm like this but gray.