Finally building a shop

Now that i have been living in SC for year and half now and finally got a house acouple months ago im ready to get shop built so i can get back to working on all my toys... just starting a little thread here on my shop build to maybe help someone in future or if someone has suggestion they can help me...

Going with a 30x36x12 stick build..going to have 3 coarse of block and then 10ft studs off that..Reason for the block is that i set the garage into the hill so i need to keep the wood out of the dirt +if i want to wash it out dont have to worry about wood getting wet and rotting..Going to have 2 10x10 insulated garage doors and one walk in door... Going with 12ft ceiling so when i get funds i can install 2 post lift.. Vinyl siding to match the house..Not sure what i am doing for the roof yet...Plan to have attic fan to suck out fumes and dust from grinding/welding

so far progress has sucked because of all the rain and im trying to do alot myself to save some coin.. Did all the grading and form work myself with help from friends and had a guy come pour the concrete..waiting on a couple dry days to bring backhoe back home and take away/grade dirt back out so its not such a mess...

dog loves the dirt piles
10in footing with 4-5inch slab

maddie_zps9d9e3f8b.jpg
ResizedImage_1388237503444_zps730b92d0.jpg ResizedImage_1388237503874_zpsab4f2c4e.jpg
ResizedImage_1388237502908_zpsdc9df010.jpg ResizedImage_1388237504245_zpsad3581da.jpg ResizedImage_1388237504857_zps0dc4d16a.jpg

Gonna make a nice place Rob.

Did your redneck side make you get a house with an above ground, or was that just a bonus? :flipoff2:

Gonna make a nice place Rob.

Did your redneck side make you get a house with an above ground, or was that just a bonus? :flipoff2:
Was a bonus lol...when it started leaking I almost drove threw it with my jeep..would have made a great YouTube video

Sent from my DROID BIONIC