jumping off rock

That place is awesome. Its a ton of fun to catch in December before they close the trails when there is a snow. Apparently now the access is year round.

I still haven't been. That's a trip I could talk the old lady into going on. It's a doable day ride for us in Greenwood isn't it?

Yeah, she wants to go somewhere local. I don't think she is into the idea of camping and roughing it. haha. Which is really fine with me, I don't need anyone getting skeered after lunch...

It said that roads would be open to JoR all year to vehicles. Atvs have scheduled times during the year.
It also said there were 9 lookouts but I've only ever known of the JoR.

Only the route to jumping off rock

"The other seasonal roads on Jocassee will still be open for public access March 10 to May 20 and Sept. 15 to Jan. 15. ATV access will only be open on open roads during these time periods."

what happened at the boatramp?
The whole loop was blocked off when I went up there last spring, gated and piles of rocks to keep people out, its not that far of a walk but it was nice to be able to park your rig next to the water for pictures. From what i've heard the pictures out there of people backing into the water (not even on the ramp either) probably led to it. Guess Tellico wasn't a good enough lesson in water quality closures.