07 White JKRubicon

So I traded ub my wife's car for an '07 Jeep Rubicon about a Month ago, got a great deal from a Mini Dealership in Charlotte, NC (They didn't know what a Rubicon was!).

IMG_2994.jpg

1c6978e5-e029-482e-b953-6edf25b71824.jpg

25d8aef5-5188-4784-a082-4e92240dd9d8.jpg

First I added a new Touchscreen Radio, amp, sub & replaced the dash and soundbar speakers.

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

Second I found someone basically giving away Body Armor 4x4 - Front and Rear Bumpers with Side Steps near Charleston, SC. He rolled his Jeep and needed to get rid of stuff in the garage before he moved. I painted the front grill black when I installed the bumpers. Really like this look. I also painted the muffler since it had that old rusty look to it and stood out.

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

This past weekend I finally got the balls to cut my fenders. I talked to Darrel and he gave me some advice on how to do it easier than using a saw or dremel like some of the videos I watched online. He said to use a box knife and continually cut the same line and it will be a lot straighter. So below are pictures of Before, During and After. They came out ALMOST perfect. One of them is a tad out of whack but if you don't know you probably wouldn't see it in person.

So I taped off the area where I would be cutting to make the line to follow easier to see (I was doing this at night in my garage with low light).

IMG_3376.jpg

Drew the Line to follow

IMG_3381.jpg

Cut along the line and added the door trim to finish it off.

IMG_3383-1.jpg

Then it was time for the front... These made me really nervous. The rear is basically a straight line front the front to back. On the front fenders they flare so it makes it a bit more difficult. I started on the front to make sure the angle I was cutting was the same. Then made measurements and drew a straight line all the way down the fender. I finally got these matched up exactly on both sides. Cut the fenders on both sides then remembered I forgot to take pictures as I went... Making sure the two fenders were even probably took my the better part of an hour. In the end the time was worth it. The fronts came out great!

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Front Before
IMG_3338.jpg

Front After
IMG_3389.jpg

Side View
IMG_3388.jpg

Now it is time for the lift... Wed I am dropping it off at CFS for a Metal Cloak 2.5" Lift, Bilstein 5100 Shocks and 35x12.5x17 Cooper STT's. Will have Pics on Wed or Thursday when I get the Jeep back...

After this I am cut off for a while. The wife asked the other day "how is it that I said you can trade in my car for a Jeep and use the Fusion as the "family" car if you can keep the car payments the same. Now you have added how much to the Jeep?" :blah:

This past weekend I finally got the balls to cut my fenders. I talked to Darrel and he gave me some advice on how to do it easier than using a saw or dremel like some of the videos I watched online. He said to use a box knife and continually cut the same line and it will be a lot straighter. So below are pictures of Before, During and After. They came out ALMOST perfect. One of them is a tad out of whack but if you don't know you probably wouldn't see it in person.

So I taped off the area where I would be cutting to make the line to follow easier to see (I was doing this at night in my garage with low light).

IMG_3376.jpg

Drew the Line to follow

IMG_3381.jpg

Cut along the line and added the door trim to finish it off.

IMG_3383-1.jpg

Then it was time for the front... These made me really nervous. The rear is basically a straight line front the front to back. On the front fenders they flare so it makes it a bit more difficult. I started on the front to make sure the angle I was cutting was the same. Then made measurements and drew a straight line all the way down the fender. I finally got these matched up exactly on both sides. Cut the fenders on both sides then remembered I forgot to take pictures as I went... Making sure the two fenders were even probably took my the better part of an hour. In the end the time was worth it. The fronts came out great!

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Front Before
IMG_3338.jpg

Front After
IMG_3389.jpg

Side View
IMG_3388.jpg

Now it is time for the lift... Wed I am dropping it off at CFS for a Metal Cloak 2.5" Lift, Bilstein 5100 Shocks and 35x12.5x17 Cooper STT's. Will have Pics on Wed or Thursday when I get the Jeep back...

After this I am cut off for a while. The wife asked the other day "how is it that I said you can trade in my car for a Jeep and use the Fusion as the "family" car if you can keep the car payments the same. Now you have added how much to the Jeep?" :blah:
looking good marc!

Lift installed! Only was able to get two pics before I went out of town. I feel like there is a LOT of space now between the fenders and tires. Maybe i should have gone with 37's.... I plan to get good pictures this weekend :)

IMG_34211.jpg

IMG_34221.jpg

SELLING MY OLD TIRES! These have like 3,000 miles on them. Cooper Discovery AT3 265/70/17 Pic below. (I will be posting in the For Sale Thread with details and more info)

IMG_34251.jpg

I like the look of the Discoverer stt's.
So far they ride great on the road. Little bit of noise around 30-40 mph but almost quieter than the AT3's I had on the HWY. Will find out how they preform offroad this weekend. The price for these tires is AMAZING. One of the least expensive for 35" tires too. CFS is awsome.