97 TJ 360 Magnum V8 project

1997 Wrangler with 360 Magnum V8, 44re 4spd auto, and 231j transfer case. I have most of the parts to complete the swap, engine and drivetrain already set in place. $4000.00 or $3000.00 minus drivetrain and V8 stuff
100_0237.jpg

100_0238.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0240.jpg

I have the harness and computer for both a 98 Durango 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500, found a site that tells you pretty much what to splice. Bought a 2000 TJ 4.0 auto ready to go for a super price. Wife says sell!

Finish wiring(may need to get wiring diagrams from Miller), T-case bracketry finished, auto shifter installed (don't you have some cherokee shifters?) Radiator installed, driveshafts installed and exhaust installed, find a V8 dakota throttle cable. Come on Brian, you would look great in this Jeep!

Finish wiring(may need to get wiring diagrams from Miller), T-case bracketry finished, auto shifter installed (don't you have some cherokee shifters?) Radiator installed, driveshafts installed and exhaust installed, find a V8 dakota throttle cable.
Rob, do you have said parts to finish it with the exception of the throttle cable and shifter?

Finish wiring(may need to get wiring diagrams from Miller), T-case bracketry finished, auto shifter installed (don't you have some cherokee shifters?) Radiator installed, driveshafts installed and exhaust installed, find a V8 dakota throttle cable. Come on Brian, you would look great in this Jeep!

lol I would love to have it I just have to check if money is right. Since im not working. But I am spreading the word around it would be one kick *** jeep!

I think so Tony, all of the important stuff. I have the stock driveshafts, new aluminum V8 radiator, 2 PCMs, whole 98 durango engine bay wiring and 2000 dodge engine harness, complete dodge exhuast with a flowmaster, and various t-case brackets.

Last edited:
Just a quick bump for this project, Rob is letting this thing go for a good deal. I checked it out and the jeep is super clean and complete for a 97 and Rob definiately has enough extra stuff. Also for whomever hooks this jeep up, I can give a hand as time allows as I've already completed one 5.2 swap into my 98 TJ and know what the most of the intricacies are.

Hey Crazy, I was just wondering if you originally got the Jeep from a guy named Scott? I knew a guy that had one just like that with RE lift components and FOX stickers on it. DJ