2008 JK 3.7l using oil

A friend at work has an 2008 JK with the 3.7 and about 55k miles. It seems to be eating several quarts of oil between oil changes. It's not leaking anywhere that can be seen and it's not smoking. During some research on the net, it seems that this is common and according to Chrysler, using 1 qt every 1k miles is not excessive. Have any of the JK owners experienced this? If so, is there fix or do you just have to live with it?

I've heard the same thing, supposedly it was an issue with how the piston rings were lined up for that particular motor during a brief production time (an oops). I would throw a fit if I paid that much money and had to pour oil in every 1,000 miles. That rig isn't a Ford Pinto.

My buddy actually just got a new motor in his 2010 jk with low miles. 30k or less was driving down the road and the motor went out right after a oil change it was bone dry and they still dont know why. Jeep told him they would tear down the motor free if they found a defect if not he would be charged for the tear down and a new motor and install so he just went ahead and payed to have his rebuilt by another shop

My buddy actually just got a new motor in his 2010 jk with low miles. 30k or less was driving down the road and the motor went out right after a oil change it was bone dry and they still dont know why. Jeep told him they would tear down the motor free if they found a defect if not he would be charged for the tear down and a new motor and install so he just went ahead and payed to have his rebuilt by another shop
That's SOP to insure the tech/shop gets paid whether it's warranty or customer pay. But a 2010 with 30k miles it should be warranty as long as he had oil change receipts proving he's been keeping up his maintenance.

That's SOP to insure the tech/shop gets paid whether it's warranty or customer pay. But a 2010 with 30k miles it should be warranty as long as he had oil change receipts proving he's been keeping up his maintenance.
The worst part is he bought it from a dealer and they had paper work saying they didnt put the recomended amount of oil in the jeep and they may be why it blew up.

brian the reason they didnt cover it under warranty is b/c he bought it used and not from a jeep dealer and really had double that in miles ha if we r both talkn bout the same person this is ha