1979 Scout One Ton

Hello all,

In Dacula, GA

Selling my 79 Scout Traveller. This is a recent build with some rough edges, but unfortunately a drunk driver has ended my off-roading hobby due to injuries.

The good:

• Brand new 39.5" Super Swampers - (I also have spare with no rim that was cut deeply on first trip (argh). Don't know if it can be vulcanized for usable spare or not)
  • Brand new 16.5" steel wheels
  • Brand new beadlocks
  • Dana 60 front, Detroit locker, brand new 5.13 gears
  • 14B rear, Detroit locker, brand new 5.13 gears
  • Rebuilt 727 tranny with B&M kit
  • Rebuilt Dana 20
  • Onboard air
  • Brand new aluminum radiator with electric fan
  • Brand new PS pump and can
  • New drive shafts, front is flanged CV
  • Hydroboost brake conversion
  • Cross over steering
  • New shocks
  • Full cage

The Bad:

• No doors
  • Cage still needs to be tied to frame in mid and rear. Right now just mounted to sheet metal
  • Have top, but does not fit due to cage (I'm 6'1" and didnt' want to be "squished" by cage). Was going to fab spacers to put top on when needed.
  • Body is all sawzalled for tire clearance. I did not drive this on street.
  • One TRE needs replacing
  • Scouts have history of popping out of gear so transfer case handle bunge'd to hold in 4x4 low. Was going to convert rear output of 727 to a Jeep output (have parts) so I can get Dana 300 and clock it, or replace with Atlas. Didn't get that far

The so-so

• Tach in dash stopped working
  • Has 304 engine - runs good
  • Nipple for overflow on radiator needs replacing, took off to move it due to clearance issues, and promptly lost it.

Asking $5500, may consider $4000 and trades, firearms , other man items that may interest me, tools, whatever...

Call or text 67ATE 23O 73 (repeat last number 2 more times) if any questions

Last edited: