* TTC/KOH Scaler Event @ The Warehouse (November 10th) *

01tj

Since I had alot of parts laying around the house from the past few rc's, and my TJ being a shelf queen I decided it was time for a basher. Of course it will have a TJ front Clip.
View attachment 3851

Since I had alot of parts laying around the house from the past few rc's, and my TJ being a shelf queen I decided it was time for a basher. Of course it will have a TJ front Clip.
View attachment 3851
is that 1/8" rod? you should have had it made using scx10 framerails with the cage on top. Being that its all tube chassis it is considered class 3. Thats the only reason my TJ still has a frame.

01tj

is that 1/8" rod? you should have had it made using scx10 framerails with the cage on top. Being that its all tube chassis it is considered class 3. Thats the only reason my TJ still has a frame.
Yeah its 1/8th. I thought it would have been more of wraith and 2.2 for class 3 but I guess I was wrong.

Does partial frame rails count??
yes, going by these rules it looks like you could do it as a truggy.

• You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3"
longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame).
•Truggies
are allowed, but you must replace the ladder frame behind the cab with
tube, and the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed
must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural
part of the rear of the vehicle.

Would class 3 have me competing with all 2.2 tires?
For the most part yes. However I do not want to discriminate people from coming out and having a good time! Several others have posted up on RCC that don't fit the SORRCA tire guidelines. Personally I dont really care what is legal or not, as long as it is not unfair for the other drivers. Really I just want to get more people involved into the hobby and Comp scene! It will be a tough course with demanding driver skills and challenges for everyone. Get ready for a great time with some sick prizes and lunch as well!

Last edited:
For the most part yes. However I do not want to discriminate people from coming out and having a good time! Several others have posted up on RCC that don't fit the SORRCA tire guidelines. Personally I dont really care what is legal or not, as long as it is not unfair for the other drivers. Really I just want to get more people involved into the hobby and Comp scene! It will be a tough course with demanding driver skills and challenges for everyone. Get ready for a great time with some sick prizes and lunch as well!
Would say he would be fine in class 2. It's all for fun anyways. But some others may say otherwise.

Who ever hatefulboy is dont seem to like the idea of anything outside the rules.
I see what he is saying. We have the rules so that people will build things to meet them, just like KOH or any other racing/competition scene. Its to keep people on a similar playing field. We all know a comp 2.2 rig and an scx10 scaler are two totally different animals. The two classes are there to help give some diversity, while still keeping the vehicles at a similar level.