WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
One thing that irritates me about this forum is the "New Posts" page. If you go to that page and open a thread (or don't open a thread, just go to the page) and get side tracked onto something else for more than a couple minutes, when you come back, all the new posts are gone. Even though you never visited any of them. Then there is no efficient way to find the ones you missed.

An example of this is just a few minutes ago I opened the New Posts and seen that someone posted back about the shocks he was looking for and I wanted to go get the model number and part number to post back. In the short time it took me to go find that info and post, the New Posts page was empty when I went back. Even though there were another 10 or so that I hadn't visited yet. Now I don't know what I missed.

Other forums that I go on, this doesn't happen. I can log on, go to the new posts, just look at one and leave. When I come back the ones that I didn't touch are still there.

There should be a setting in the forum configuration that is causing this.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What's New is just a shortcut to get to the Activity Stream. But I don't really like the layout. When 10 people post to one thread, there are 10 entries. In the New Posts it will just show the thread (one entry). In the Activity Stream whenever a post is longer than a specific length, you have to open the thread to read it because it cuts it off. Just seems like a waist of time. You just end up opening the same thread over and over to get all the info.

When you hit new post and it says there are no new ones , it says click here for the latest posts. Click that "here" and it will take you to all of the most recently updated threads. But ill check on the new post update issue as well.

Sent from my DROIDX

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ah, that is a nice feature that haven't noticed. So I will use that workaround for now. But that doesn't fix the issue. And I know it is just a setting, because I go to another forum every day and the "New Posts" don't go away until you actually open the thread and view the new info (or click Mark as Read). It is the same forum software and everything. Maybe this is the way you want it, just a pain in the butt though.